MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Members

I think the weird arts-and-crafty thing was what Crystal was going for, but I do feel it needed something else. Like a big full-costume reveal at the end as mentioned. 

Ru seemed like she loved Jaida (in addition to how her win speaks to the moment). But if Gigi did indeed attempt to cheat, I can imagine that sealing Ru’s decision.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's unfortunate that a show that has provided visibility for the LGBTQ+ community has also been plagued with so much racism. Although, maybe it was necessary so that there can be dialogue about race issues that are also found in the community. 

I didn't see any racist comments personally, but I did see some Jaida fans calling other fans out and saying that Gigi's fans for that behavior.  I also saw a lot of comments saying Gigi should have won. 

• Members

Ditto. She's been one of my all-time favorites forever... 

+1 on the B.S. against Shangela, who is probably my overall favorite. Have y'all seen We're Here on HBO with Shangela, Bob the Drag Queen, and Eureka? 

Finale - *So* glad Jaida won. It felt right. I'm not even going to critique the finale performances because Jaida was the one to beat all season long. Well done. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I didn’t watch much of S8. So Derrick Barry is part of a throuple?! He’s definitely the least attractive of the trio.

Ongina. Oof. I expect more from an OG queen.

India Ferrah did turn it. Her weather report back in S3 was one of my favorite Drag Race trainwrecks.

• Members

I didn't realize AS premeied already. I'll be catching it tonight. I knew Derrick Berry was in a trouple and I believe that one of his partners waz actually made over by Alaska in a makeover challenge during season 5 and then actually started his own drag career. I'm not 100 percent sure on the accuracy of that whole statement, but I know it's something like that.

• Members

Meh, this talent show was not it. I was super excited after seeing all these queens enter the workroom and then the talent show fell flat. The talent shows in previous AS were so much better and showcased different talents, I felt like everyone was pushing their music this time around. The reading challenge was also okay. There's always some weak reads and queens who just aren't made for the challenge, but I felt like there weren't many iconic or memorable reads. 

Ricky was looking good. I think age has made him more attractive. I didn't think much of him when he first came on the scene and his 90s early 2000s.

Shea was the biggest let down because she was one of my faves going in, but that stripper set was okay. Still rooting for her because I know she has so much talent and so much to offer. 

Derrick Berry saying he was so much more than a Britney impersonator, but all I saw was Britney. Derrick flipped that attitude when she was talking to India after being in the bottom 2. 

Blair coming in with her plumped lips and cocky attitude. I miss the shy, cute Blair from her season but good for her for coming back more confident. 

Overall, I'm excited for this season because I think there's a great group of queens. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

Season 12 was draining and mediocre to me so I am happy they swapped the order and aired All Stars second. This is a nice change of pace. I love the lineup of women and the first episode was great

The talent show always annoys me because queens make our money lip syncing and they obviously can’t use regular songs so I feel it’s more difficult than if they truly had to showcase their talent. With that said, Mariah (stunning and timely!), Miz Cracker and Jujubee really impressed me. You could tell Shea wasn’t comfortable on the pole so that fell flat. India I know they loved, but her style of drag isn’t for me. It just seems so dated. Derrick was HILARIOUS! Just like on his season he is so tired but has a lovable airhead personality. He definitely is good for tv!

Going forward my favorite as of now is Jujubee with Mariah behind her. I hope Ongina can improve. I’ve been waiting for her on All Stars and she was great on season one. Tammie, Shannel, Bebe and Nina all did great on All Stars and it makes me sad that she’s the first season one girl to return and fall flat. Also, for next season I’d love for Nina and Tammie to get an All Stars redo. The team aspect royally screwed them And both were years ahead of their time. I still hate how Tammie returned so game to do well and she *did*, but it wasn’t enough. Her final lipsync with Latrice was true Rudemption from her first season lipsync where she didn’t know the words. 

• Members

Derrick Barry wasn’t great but he also didn’t deserve bottom 2. That belongs to Ongina and Mayhem Filler. I’m rooting for Jujubee not only because she’s amazing but she’s also the only one that voted for the right person to go home. Blaire’s new found confidence feels hollow and forced. Hope she tones it down a bit. Love the lip sync assassin twist! Poor India never stood a chance against Yvie!

• Members

Ongina self destructed and went home.

That feathered gown needed an elaborate headdress to give Ongina more presence and height.

India's runway skin theme looked messy compared to the others and Mayhem's was also outclassed.

Shea was clear winner this week.

Mz Cracker getting the villian edit is annoying to me as I have found her quite likeable.