MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Members

Oy! That's a mess indeed. I've watched all episodes of We're Here, and as nice as it looks, it's all produced to sway to a certain narrative. While it's nice and refreshing to see the LGBTQ+ subpopulation have representation, I'm still mind-boggled at how drag shows "seem to be" it's only solution to such prejudices. 

However, in this case, it seems like World of Wonder and the production company for We're Here need to get their act together. Then again, how far away from producing We're Here was it from Shangela being a contestant to Dancing with the Stars

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Really liking the new girls this season. And those Coyle twins.  

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

She gained over 300k+ followers on Insta because of that. She has easily jumped (or duck walked in this case) to having one of the best talent/variety performances on the US franchise. I've watched it countless times myself and never get tired of it. 

I loved Arianna's reaction when she looks around in disbelief and what she was been witness to seeing. Just all around perfection.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Just watched the first of the much derided 45 min episodes.

Positive

-less time spent on Michelle 'directing' the queens in the rehearsal for the challenge and watching them mess up.

-less time spent on the supposedly spontaneous chats in the werkroom where inevitably a queen breaks down about some hardship while another feigns sympathy

Negative

-runway was sped through with hardly a chance to see the outfits - especially with so many queens.

-no segment of Ru and the judges discussing the finalists

Maybe when they get down to fewer queens, the 45 min format will work better.