MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was Team Jinkx all the way, but then again, I liked all of them from the beginning, so it's not like I was rooting for one specific person, but Jinkx was absolutely killing it as I knew she would.

I didn't have an opinion about the non-eliminations as they were all winners. I heard that the judges did give some negative feedback to the cast of All Stars 7, but a lot of that was edited out. If I had to make a complaint about the show in general, I would produce healthy arguments in two specific key areas:

• 'Drag Race' audience fatigue 
  • The obvious signs that clearly indicate how rigged the show is (e.g., Golden Bar in Season 14; 3-Star Bonus for All-Stars S07E13)

Since Bob the Drag Queen hosted the Pit-Stop onYouTube for All-Stars Season 7,  here's bad behavior on social media that grinds my gears over a silly show:

Edited by Noel

• Members

I encourage everyone to watch that particular Pit Stop episode with Bob and Thorgy. It was unflinchingly hilarious. You can really tell how they are each other's oldest drag friend like Bob states with how seamless they are together.

And superficially, if anyone is watching Down Under S2, Kween Kong is possibly the hottest out of drag contestant ever. Damn! Ticks my boxes, anyway.

• Members

Having a lip sync finale as the (supposedly) decider for the crown is problematic when some lower ranked queens excelled in the lip syncs. Some heavy editing was required to serve the narrative.

Shea Coulee ended up losing out, despite the obvious rigging to get her into the finale,

Had she not received the extra badges she might have walked away with the money as the winner of the second group. However I was pleased Raja took the bucks,

Overexposure is a problem, especially when the next editions are not up to par.

After watching 3 eps of France,I'm inclined to drop it. The episodes are too long , constantly going to the 'confessionals' where the queens have nothing of interest to say, or just pull an odd face, and the whole thing seems lost in translation to me.

The first episode of Down Under was rough. The queens come across as coarse and amateurish and the weird production values are puzzling. Why are there no long shots of Ru with the queens?

Haven't bothered with Canada as yet as it comes off as a pale imitation of the original.

• Members

One big problem is that all the lip syncs, aside from “Push It,” were dancey pop-diva numbers that favor the glamour queens. Very same-y. There was nothing quirky and eccentric like the Yma Sumac song that Jinkx killed it with up against Detox:

Re: overexposure: I definitely get the sense that RuPaul is cashing in while he still can, while drag is hot. The old girl still looks great in drag, but he’s not getting any younger. Too bad that he may damage his legacy.

• Members

I just laugh at it. Seriously. It's fun to watch, but it's contrived AF. And fans of Drag Race on Twitter take it so seriously too - they're always going at it like who had the best lip-sync, who stole the runway, and who should've won the title of whatever title the queens are competing for. The whole show is silly, so I just watch it for fun entertainment.

But, you can't tell me these "golden bars", spin the wheel on the Queen who will lip-synch, or LalapaRuza Smackdowns are all based on probability. I'm far from stupid. 

Please register in order to view this content

Sometimes, I even wonder if Michelle Visage or RuPaul are even enjoying themselves anymore. Seriously. I'd be burned out with all that sh*t.