Y&R: April 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope that the Tyler/Lily fans grow huge in number and take on the rabid Cane/Lily fans. Usually I mock fan base wars, but I am making an exception in this case since some of the Cane/Lily fans are attacking RW personally and interjecting ethnicity into it. They deserve a smack down.

Cane and Lily suck as a couple, always have and always will. He is way too old for her and their stories have been complete dreck. Cane would be better off with Chelsea and Lily should be recast so I am rooting for CK to get another job.

• Members

I get being upset that your fave soap couple is being tested or whatever -- but some of them are attacking RW like he is Tyler. They do know that CK and DG are not a couple in real life right? And now they are throwing around the word "racist" because they aren't getting their way? Real vs Reel. Crazy how so many viewers can't distinguish between the two anymore.

I don't see CK leaving Y&R anytime soon. They threatened to recast back when this regime first started and CK backed down and renegotiated her contract. She has gotten more screen time under this regime than she has in years. She has a potential new love interest. I bet CK is loving her storyline right now.

• Members

While it is hard for me to envision anyone giving CK a job, I always thought Shemar Moore would be back and he got a prime time gig so anything is possible. I will stay positive and hope that her good looks, blinds some casting directing to her lack of talent.

I am enjoying the Tyler fans vigorously defending him to the rabid Cane/Lily fans on SOC. The tide is turning!

• Members

Yeah, but if they just recast her, there will be all sorts of fan drama and we already know that the network has no damn backbone. I rather she get another gig so that the loony Cane/Lane fans can only cry in their stale beer. Recasting will also take the wind out of their sails.

• Members

I think shows being held hostage by rabid fans is part of the reason soaps have declined. Anytime a show dares to introduce conflict, the rabid fans became crazed and start threatening the show, actors, etc.. then the show eventually backs down and restores things to status quo. Hence why Nicki/Victor keeping getting back together numerous times, etc.

I'm glad Cane/Lily are having conflicts, I just wish it wasn't a third party conflict since there is enough built-in conflict between the couple without having to rely on the standard third party.

Lauren/Michael should have conflict, and I think the bullying story with both parents being on different sides was a very realistic conflict..however, I'm not too sold on this Carmine/Lauren affair. Perhaps showing Lauren being tempted, but to actually follow through on the affair was very predictible. However, if the show decides to take the story into 'Unfaithful' territory then that would be interesting.. either Lauren or Michael could be the guilty party and the two would have to debate for a long time confessing.. would be interesting to me.

• Members

RME. Fans of soap couple never want a third party involved. They always to want "character driven conflict" which is boring to everyone else, but them.

Other than Victor and Nikki who should never get divorced again, Y&R is full of poorly matched boring couples; Cane/Lily, Lauren/Michael, Billy/Victoria, Jack/Phyllis, Nick/Avery, Sharon/Adam, Chloe/Kevin, and Neil/Leslie. All of them need a sledgehammer to smash them into bits and pieces and a good rearranging. Y&R never used to be big "couples" soaps. I have no idea why the various TPTB have allowed it to become one with such horrible couples populating the canvas.

ETA: My eyes, my eyes, save me from CK's boobs!

Archived