Y&R: April 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THANK YOU! I don't think I've ever paid much attention to CKLily until this story. The last time I cared about Lily was when Davetta S, was in the role. So you're right, that was a nice little kiss that she was digging. Those Lane fans can try to say Tyler stalked Lily all the want, all I know is every time he came around a big ol'e grin popped up on her face..,,lol. I'm definitely interested to see where it goes, because she is beyond dud with Cane.

• Members

OK, so I am the only one who thought Marcy Emme Rylan was a decent actress playing a fun, if inconsequential, character?

Her best scenes were always with Eileen Davidson playing out the Abby/Ashley dynamic. We'll see about the newbie. I have zero hopes for NuKyle, though. Blake Hood wasn't setting the acting world alight, but he did have sparkage with Hunter King... and with Michelle Stafford. Rather important, if this story is going where I think it's going.

• Members

I really enjoyed Rylan as well. She had a personality that popped off the screen at you. I found her refreshing. I guess we have to give NuAbby time, but yesterday she didn't show any personality at all. Maybe it's the direction, but I'm already feeling bored.

• Members

I'm going to give more time before forming an opinion on the new Abby though I did like that her first day consisted of her being around Victor, Victoria, Billy, and Nick. At least she wasn't the featured person in the scene so I hope the show continues this for future episodes till we get use to her.

She seems more calm and less girly based on my first impressions.

However, I laugh at AM wanting more notice. The thing is that Emme was bought back on recurring minus a contract.. which means she can leave at a moments notice. I can't say that I blame Emme for taking GH especially after being fired by Y & R then bought back recurring, she probably wasn't feeling too secure with her job. Hopefully the move to GH will work out, but that is a risk anyone job hopping has to take rather it is in acting or any other career.

I actually enjoyed her scenes with Alex. I didn't view them as a couple per se, but just two people going out on friend-dates and flirting with each other. I don't think they've jumped into bed yet, right?

• Members

I didn't like Emme at all when she first arrived as Abby. I found the character obnoxious. She started to warm to be around the time the writers decided to have her interacting with her siblings. Abby bonding with the Newmans and Abbotts is what saved that character. Other than that, I had no use for her. Thiough I have to say that since returning under JG's pen she had become a favorite of mine.

I liked Emme a lot and wish her all the best. Can't say I blame her for jumping ship when it was fairly obvious that Abby was going to be recast anyways. How fast did they recast Noah, Summer, and even Kyle? You think Abby wasn't included in that list? Yeah right.

Melissa Ordway will find her footing. It was the first day and I am sure she was nervous. It was smart that her first scene was with her most of her family and then the next was with her boyfriend. Now she can play. I wish her luck.

Archived