GL: Several Back on Contract?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really happy about this news! I want Liz Keifer "full time" not just as a recurring character who just gives people some advices. I can't invest in a character who has no purpose.

Blake can be a character without Ross. It's because of this equation that they found nothing to give her.

I wonder if they're going to let him go.

I don't think so. They're doing this for the viewers and it works with me so it's not too little too late.

Then, I wonder if they're planning to cast the twins and James too. Maybe the reason they're putting them back on contract is for SORASing their children.

• Members

I hope this is true. Hopefully they have good story to bring them back full-time. I still think they should bring back Yvonne Wright and finally explore the Mel/Rick/Beth triangle. Rick could help bring Beth back to "normal".

Hopefully Bradley Cole is leaving. With any luck the writers will also send his character, and the character of Cassie off canvas - even if not together.

• Members

I can gladly accept them shipping out Jeffrey, but I am really liking Nicole Forester and Cassie these days. I'd love to see Cassie paired with Frank or even Josh for dramatic effect.

Tammy needs her mom stirring up the [!@#$%^&*]. And I would hate for the show to lose another long-running character, even if it is a recast.

• Members

Seriously. I think it sucks that they let JVD slip away and didn't even have the chance to write a proper exit for Ross, but Blake and Ross were one of those couples -- for some reason -- that the show couldn't seem to write story for as a happy couple, and a breakup seemed out of the question. At least a death for Ross would keep Blake an active force in Springfield. Maybe Ross could even have an (obviously!) offscreen plane crash and be presumed dead, so there would be an open avenue for bringing the character back if need be.

• Members

This is great news! I really like Michael O'Leary and I LOVE Beth Chamberlain (I know most of you think Beth is being ruined right now but this is a soap..she can be repaired..and BC is good at playing the !@#$%^&*]). I agree..they need to put Ross in a coma or something because Liz Keifer is just *there*...that's the main thing holding back Blake from getting a real story.

Agreed. I think I was intrigued by Jeffrey for only a week but he is not a character I really care much about. Cut him loose. Nicole Forester and Cassie would still get tons of good material nontheless.

• Members

Dare I agree with you? Nicole Forester's Cassie is so much more fun to watch than Laura Wright's portrayal. Cassie annoys me a lot less with Forester in the role. Maybe it's the writing.

Either way, I find that it all worked for the best. I love Wright as Cassie on GH and Forester is tolerable as GL's Cassie.

I should also mention that I'd love to see a recast of Eleni. I wasn't really watching when she left Springfield, but maybe Marina's failed relationships and bad taste in men has to do with her mommy issues. Does she have any? What about Frank? How does he feel about Eleni? Does he still love her?

Would Eleni return to Springfield a different woman?! In what ways?

I think Eleni returning to the canvas would add alot of drama to current characters. Not to mention her opinion on her daughter dating her ex-husband and the man that could have been her father.

• Members

I'd like to see Eleni return on a short term basis if GL had the budget. I didn't like Jennifer Roszell until her most recent 2001-2002 stint when she was much more !@#$%^&*]y and firey than before. I'd also like to see Marina recast with someone more interesting and more like Aubrey Dollar's spunky version. Heather Lindell would be my choice. She could totally play Eleni's daughter.

• Members

This Marina has always sucked, I truly believe it would be better to keep Marina #2, sure she was green, but I thought she was growing and perfect for the role.

I also think they need to recast Lizzie again. Something about all their recent recasts seem so cheap and just thrown together. I think they need someone whos much more girly, classy and I want more blond in the hair. Just not feeling nuLizzie.

BTW, on the subject of contracts, I hate that they finally wanna give Blake a story after Ross is gone....ridiculous!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

SOW is reporting that both Liz Keifer and Beth Chamberlin turned down their contract offers. GL sources say they didn't want to be locked down with contracts only offering 1 day a week gaurantees. Michael O'leary is still considering signing a contract.

• Members

Good for them. That was a really paltry offer considering how long those two have been on the show. What were they going to do one day a week anyway? Become set pieces? Oops...that's what they are now. I forgot. My appologies.

• Members

SOW is full of crap right now..they've also reported that Tom Pelphrey is leaving this summer when TP has said that he signed a 3-year contract so I'm taking their "news" with a grain of salt.

Liz Keifer...I can see but if Beth Chamberlain was told she'd be on only once a week, they were obviously lying because she's almost on everyday and getting the most work out of everyone involved in her storyline.

Archived