GL: Several Back on Contract?

• Members

Hey just wanted to let you know I read over at GLBuzz that in the new SOD it states Michael O'Leary, Beth Chamberlin, and Elizabeth Keifer have all been offered contracts. I've read O'Leary agreed yet Keifer & Chamberlin are weighing their options.

I think this is great news. I'd love to see contracts for Marj Dusay & Jordan Clarke to follow.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are ruining Beth's character right now by making her the one holding Gus and Alan captive. Why are they offering her a contract?

And, there are a lot of other people I would give contracts to before I'd give them to Liz Keifer and Michael O'Leary. What is Blake without Ross? And what is Rick going to do on contract?! Keep on drinking air coffees at CO2?

But, If they are planning on pairing Blake and Rick, that would be interesting. Maybe age the twins and reverse the decision Rauch made by making them both Ross's. It would certainly ignite a new feud between Dinah and Blake, because of Dinah feeling like Blake betrayed her father.

And where is all the money coming from to get these actors back on-contract? Could it be Bradley Cole's contract? The money they offered Grant Aleksander that he didn't want?

Hmmmm...

• Members

Seems very odd anf fishy too me.... 6 months ago there was no money now there is tonnes? Maybe it had something to do with their yearly budget and it was so far over last year they couldn't affoed it now with a new year they can? Seems rather odd. If I were those actors I'd tell GL to stick it you know where.....

• Members

Apparently SOD confirms that MOL is back on contract. I'm definitely pleased about this news. Its the best in a long time.

GL has gained some extra cash due to their cost-cutting measures so Wheeler decided to use it on vets. Kudos to her for once.

• Members

"Could it be Bradley Cole's contract?"

We can dream I suppose. Remember, Cole was supposed to present at today's ceremony, but ended up not doing it.

"GL has gained some extra cash due to their cost-cutting measures so Wheeler decided to use it on vets. Kudos to her for once."

Agreed. If this is true, it's certainly the best news in awhile.

"What is Blake without Ross?

Well, considering her ex-husband has just arrived back in town and now that Spaulding is in turmoil, I'd argue there's plenty for Blake to do. I know this may be unpopular, but I'd kill off Ross and have Blake team up with A-M to take over Spaulding.

But yeah, Beth is ruined right now, so it's probably best to write her off for now. Hey Wheeler, PLEASSEEE put Maureen Garrett back on contract too. I'd kill to see Blake and A-M attempting to take over Spaulding while Alan and Holly get together.

• Members

And I'm pleased that they will have their jobs back at least for the time being, if they accept the contracts.

I agree Beth needs some time off. I think separating her from the Spauldings is essential. Beth should always be the Spaulding outsider, IMO. I would have her go on a cruise her something and when she comes back, date Frank.

As for Ross I would put him in a coma. Weak I know, but there would be at least some hope for believable recovery while Blake could move on to new storylines.

As for Rick I don't know... A workplace affair with Lillian would be highly shocking and would give us some top drama.

• Members

"As for Rick I don't know... A workplace affair with Lillian would be highly shocking and would give us some top drama."

You mean like a Marian/Tad/Liza-ish story?

Not sure how I'd feel about that. To be honest, I would rather have gotten Peter Simon back on contract than O'Leary. IMO, Rick has always been the supporting actor, even when the story was revolving him. But I'll take what I can get.

• Members

It makes sense. With Wright and Lizzy's portrayer leaving, not to mention all those firings, and all of the numerous crew cuts we have no knowledge of...because well no one cares about that...that *HAD* to have freed up ALOT of money.

• Members

You're absolutely right. Laura Wright had to be making some pretty good money even with the pay cut she took, and Lizzie's protrayer too. Both were hired with newcomers who will not get even near that much. Also they fired Paul Anthony Stewart and the girl who played Michelle who were both contract players this last year. Add that to the others put on recurring and Jerry Ver Dorn even leaving that. Money was freed up big time.

• Members

Peter Simon would be great, but he must very expensive.

Rick and Lillian wouldn't need a big epic affair. Mel could accept a big job out of town (shades of Abby), and then Lillian is there as Rick's support. They've known eachother for years, aren't really attracted to one another, but both are lonely so they have a fling. Then Mel returns and the drama unfolds.

And we know Lillian isn't adverse to sleeping with married men, and Rick isn't afraid of sleeping with his father's throw-aways (Claire). In fact the more I think about it the more I like it.

• Members

What great news! I hope this means an actual storyline for Blake and Rick are in the works! As for Beth... damn, she better be under mind control by Tony DiMera or something. :D Kidding, kidding. Not trying to give any sci-fi story ideas. But seriously, this is good news. The cast was becoming too small. And it definitely makes sense that the show actually has a surplus of money now that they've lost ver Dorn, Wright, St. Alban, Stewart, MacDonald, and newbies Forester is cheap and Rylan is probably making scale.

I second the idea to bring back Maureen Garrett full-time. But isn't she busy with her own spa business or something? I thought I read that somewhere and that Holly would possibly be written off for good.

Archived