GL: Several Back on Contract?

• Members

You're kidding?! ONE DAY A WEEK?!

What the hell is wrong with Ellen Wheeler?! The smartest thing she could have done is pull together the money it costs for all three of these "one day a week" guarantees and either a) Recast Phillip or B) Give it to Beth Chamberlin, who is rocking in this latest storyline and has really proven herself.

I think of the three that were offered these "pay the grocery bill" contracts, Beth Chamberlin deserves to get the entire pie, personally. The Spauldings need a shakeup and a sexy matriarchal figure. Beth can do that for the show.

And before Kwing barks up my tree, I understand fans want their favorites back. But if O'Leary will work without a contract anyway, why not give the money to someone who is probably the most beneficial to current storylines: Beth. Blake we can do without. If Liz Keifer doesn't wanna stay on.

And did they renew Bradley Cole's contract? I thought it was up during the Spring. I would have thought that, for sure, would have freed up some money.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TP supposedly has a 3 year contract with an opt-out clause after 2 years. If that's true, then he could leave this summer since he joined the show in late summer 2004.

Keifer and Chamberlin weren't told that they'd "be on" once a week, the contracts they were offered had a 1 episode per week guarantee in them. And even that doesn't guarantee that they'll appear on screen once a week, only that they'll be paid for at least one episode a week whether they appear or not.

• Members

Again.."supposedly". TP has never admitted to having an out clause..the only out clause I know of is the one the show was planning to use if he turned out to be a bomb (and so they would release him after a few months)..which he wasn't. I just can't see the show giving a newbie that kind of contract.

If that is true about LK and BC, then that's unfortunate but BC is definitely getting her fair share of a story and it seems like she is really enjoying herself. There have been so many rumours regarding the vets over the last few months and rarely has anyone come out to say what's really going on. Meanwhile, SOD and SOW are just having a ball getting the fans riled out about "ins and outs" that maybe not necessarily mean anything..so until TPTB or the actors themselves make a statement, I won't read too much into this.

• Members

That's so silly, if they're only guaranteed one episode per week. It's kind of difficult to use a character only ONCE a week -- that means s/he can't be involved in any cliffhanger situations that span multiple episodes. And they have to pay EXTRA if they use the person more than the contract specifies, I believe (although maybe it winds up being cheaper in the long run than paying them on a recurring basis, who knows?).

Archived