GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just love Felix.

In the hands of the right writers (and IMO, a better actress) the Britt character could have worked. With a lot more internal development before now. It's a fairly gothic character. I just can't see her working now, at least not long-term. We could have at least seen her having a soft spot for one thing, one person.

The Dante exposition dump was painful. Anna was WSB; I don't believe she hasn't been fully briefed on Nikolas and the Cassadines for years running.

Lucky being MIA is too coincidental. I think they're lying about JJ not turning up for this story. And I think these people are moving too slow, frankly - my mind would have jumped to 'Cassadine' and moved to take action a lot faster than this.

The one question is what Dante said, which is that Helena always valued Nikolas above all. That is true. I'm not sure I can remember Helena ever throwing him over or targeting him for death, yet I know Helena is involved in this.

Genie was great today. And looked good. Tony seemed present, too.

• Members

I know this isn't a spoiler thread, but I will just say the new promo is good, but I may have to punch my girl Brenda in the face if she is serious with this Sonny crap!! Hopefully taken out of context. And what in the fresh hell is she wearing to the NB in those photos?mad.gif

• Members

Now that Britt is Dr. O's daughter, I like her a LOT more. Mommie Dearest clearly needs to teach her a thing or two, though.

Believe it or not, I actually think I could like Sablo. If anything, it would spare us Patrina/WTF it's called laugh.png .

It IS weird that Anna knows who Stefan is and not Nik, given his friendship with Robin, but given how long she was presumed dead I'm almost willing to fanwank that Robin might have missed a few things in their conversations (and that the WSB had many more people to deal with than the Cassadines).

• Members

Wow. The only Lucky I ever actually liked in the central photo, instead of the whiny crybaby. I know why that was done, it was because that was a recent photo of the family, but I still love it.

JFP must be smiling that, of all people, RKK was the central shot in the Cassadine photo.

• Members

Wow, I just noticed that they have Emily in the Cassadine photo yet Alexis is NOWHERE on there. I didn't expect her spawn there (as I consider them more Davis girls) but Alexis being excluded is a glaring omission

its annoying as hell how they have Felix hanging onto the hope that he can turn Milo gay or I guess rather in denial that he isnt

• Members

I do have one request for Brenda's return. That they have her acknowledge Edward's death by having her say "I miss him" or "wish I could've attended the funeral" or have her think of Edward and Lila or something. I think it needs to happen since Brenda adored Edward and Lila and Edward and Lila adored her.

• Members

I think there's this mass idea that the Spencers were only Luke/Laura/kids, even though I'd say that's actually the group that killed the Spencer family and has made them pointless to GH.

It would have been nice to have seen Ruby.

• Members

2nd episode in my return to watching GH ... Still great, loving it! ... The infodump to Anna about Nikolas was funny and weird, but I loved that it harked all the way back to the bone marrow transplant since that's when I was a regular viewer of the show, when he first came on. Like the dynamic between Luke, Laura, and Nik -- it's a closer one than when I was watching between Luke and Nikolas, which only makes sense. Luke seems concerned about Nik too, but most of all obsessed with getting the info on Lulu in case Nik doesn't make it. Laura staying with Nik at the hospital. The concern about whether Lucky is safe ... Laura and Luke still have that connection (although I like Laura and Scotty too).

The shooting was a shocker but gave good suspense. I think some of the cops are supposed to be a little awkward -- which to me lends relatability and humanity. I don't think it's bad acting or writing.

Love Sabrina. She and Felix remind me of Degrassi characters in their dialogue and their characters so far (which is a good thing). From my two episodes so far, I don't know why she gets so much hate. Her insecurities make her relatable to me. Don't know all the Felix/Milo backstory, but I don't know why script writers are getting blame for Felix hanging on to hope until today that Milo might be gay when that is clearly in the storyline. A scriptwriter isn't just going to come up with Felix hoping that Milo would be at the graduation on their own. That had to have been planned at a higher level. It's not necessarily lack of continuity either. When you have a crush, you are often going to rationalize and interpret things the other person does or says, and read too much into it to hang on to hope that they might share in your feelings.

I feel for people like Sabrina and Felix, who have crushes that they're afraid to speak out about but consume them. That happens to a lot folks in real life. Isn't it relatable? Or maybe it's just me that feels like they do.

I hated Britt in my first episode last week when she was being all snotty, but now I feel bad for her because she was clearly abused growing up by her mother and father and she has much more of a heart compared to them.

I don't get all the love for this villainous Dr. Obrecht. I prefer my characters more three-dimensional. Someone saying "some people are just evil," as she said last week, is a complete copout. I did read some backstory on her. I guess she is holding Robin captive?

Dante was a little better Monday, less annoying than last Friday. Intrigued by this thing about his mom having visions.

• Members

I was sampling GH again for the anniversary stuff... i see nothing has changed in the past few months and sabrina is still consistently propped by basically the entire canvas - including now robin via a tape she made that the writers edited out her mentioned elizabeth in...

• Members

If they have Robin "propping up" Sabrina, I think clearly the idea is that Patrick would have moved on to Sabrina because of her, and then when Robin does eventually come back have that irony there that she is the one who was telling Patrick to move on. It's brilliant. Robin would be so conflicted. In that scenario, Sabrina would still not be ultimately ending up with Patrick though. It's very clear that Robin is the love of Patrick's life.

I think the show doesn't want to put Patrick with someone super popular because if they did put him with someone super popular, if/when Robin does come back they wouldn't be able to put him back with Robin without pissing off a ton of people.

I don't understand why Patrick/Robin fans apparently don't want Patrick to move on with anyone right now. Kimberly McCullough has not indicated she is coming back to GH full time anytime soon, has she?

I don't understand why Sabrina is so disliked... Would people rather Patrick was with someone underhanded and arrogant like Britt? Would that make sense for his character? I just don't get it.

And I don't care about Liz (sorry) ... My 1997 self still remembers Liz as the annoying new "bad girl" in the boring summer of '97 who was thrust down my throat in pairings with Lucky and Nikolas. I like her fine as the person in the background helping with things though so far.

Archived