GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

Yes, imo using a tape robin made to tell him to move on with Li but editing it to remove Liz and make it seem general and apply it to Sabrina and give them this montage of love when shes been an obsessed, almost stalker like figure he has shown no intrest in is propping right along with all the propping every other character that has ever meant her has had to do, including basically creating Britt and making her to vile and giving her no real shot for the fact of making sabrina rootable is just too much. I read your post above, and the reason sabrina gets so much overhwelming hatred is because of all the non stop propping going on from everyone on the canvas for months on end now. Instead of showing why Sabrina is so great and wonderful and Patrick should fall in love with her we have been told that.

I do agree with you about the spencer storyline and the filex/milo story beat though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This has NOTHING to do with being a Patrick/Robin fan. I hated those two together and still hate Sabrina. You will find that many who hate Sabrina could care less about Robin. The hate for her is independent of any feelings for Robin.

It also isn't about people preferring that Patrick get with Britt bc most would agree that either he deserved better than her or that she was wasted on him. Sabrina has got to be one of the most propped character in soap history and that's not an exaggeration. Almost everyone she comes in contact with sings her praises and the writing is VERY heavy handed and not subtle about it at all. It gets annoying when the show has to constantly tell us just how wonderful and awesome she is as if they don't trust us to come to that conclusion ourselves. You've only been watching for 2 days and well the show has been light on her. She's been frontburner for months and was thrust into a major triangle, obsessed with Patrick on her very first episode. The show hinted that she could be a psycho but that angle was dropped rather quickly as it became obvious she was destined to be the ultimate Mary Sue. She's friggin irritating

• Members

those moments were all out of context and the montage eliminated all of her stalking and obsession and made it seem as if they had this great, amazing mutual friendship with eachother and IMO thats not a true representation of what they have had. At all. Ptrick usually seems to like her as a coworker and thinks shes a ine person mostly cuz emma likes her but ive seen no intrest from him to her, and while granted i dont watch daily i do watch a few episodes a week.

also, ditto with cheap on robin/patrick. i hated them.

• Members

She's been on quite a bit the past two days but maybe the writing has been better for her those days. What I've seen is her being a good friend to Felix, supporting him, both of them supporting each other. I haven't seen Felix going around praising her. He was very bland about her with Milo since he had his own crush.

I've also seen Britt raising a legitimate point to her mother that someone who is very nervous and insecure may not be the best nurse. That is a good point, a real flaw, albeit a very relatable one for me, and one I hope Sabrina can overcome in her work. Sabrina herself was also rambling about being nervous about becoming a nurse to Milo. It really could endanger patients.

I appreciate you trying to explain why many people here have felt that the show has had a bunch of characters sing Sabrina's praises, but as you say, that's not how the past two days have been, so I view Sabrina and the writing for Sabrina positively, and will continue to until I have reason to think otherwise. You know me, I'll keep this board updated with what I think if I change my mind! I'll keep what you and JackPeyton have mentioned about the past in mind going forward though.

• Members

yeah he did, after britt stood him up. and it was completely random and i believe unexplained as to why he almsot kissed her when he hadnt shown any interest before leaving her for britt i do believe. most people just chalked it up to lonliness. i remember shortly after that some run ins between sabrina/patrick where she was all angsty and what not and he wanted to talk to her but it was always about like, i forgot to pay you, and here are your glasses you left at my house, and then sabrina was onto the lucy storyline i think

• Members

Not trying to be rude, but you've only been watching for 2 days. Felix has been praising her for MONTHS and her friendships with both him and Elizabeth have been very one-sided, they almost always just talk about her problems.

• Members

Thanks for your perspective too, Eric83. I'll keep it in mind. And it's not rude to point out it's only been 2 days.

But I know I usually like the bland "good girls" that people hate (Marissa on AMC was another one, as was Sarah on GH when she came on) so don't count on me to change my mind LOL.

• Members

Remember when Sabrina was doing this in her fantasies in like her second or third episode?

gh092612sabrina.gif

gh092612sabrina2.gif

She probably would have been more interesting had they gone the route of making her this undercover bitch, pretending to be some naïve innocent girl to snag Patrick, with only Britt being able to see her for who she really was. The way they flipped the switch and had Britt go over the edge and pushed Sabrina as Mary Sunshine had me SMH

• Members

I've got no problem with my girl calling Sonny's lazy ass out for refusing to fight for her as he should've done in the first place. Far as I'm concerned, it's a continuation of the spot-on kiss off that she gave him before she left his ass.

She'd have better shot scenes with Lucy as well, considering that she was like a Godmother to her.

The fact that Ron would actually have her utter a line about Edward will prove to me that he knows how to write her better than the hack that preceded him.

• Members

I have no problem with Bren still being angry. I DO have a huge problem with her saying ish like 'we were worth it' and trying to get Sonny back, which is how the clip came off to me. It could be taken out of context, but I will be all sorts of ragey if she is somehow trying to get Sonny back. I cannot deal with her being thrown under the bus for Bensonhurst trailor trash.

I am sure Bren and Lucy will share scenes at the NB at least. I don't know. I am very apprehensive about her return as I don't think she is very necessary for storyline purposes and I think RC may just have her there because she is Brenda Barrett and not because she has any use on the canvas.

• Members

DR. O and Britta wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Anna as The Commish wub.pngwub.png

Shawn is such a red herring here, and I knew it the moment he turned around.

Dante w/out Julie is win win win win win!!!!!

Outside of my growing hatred for anything Genie/Laura Spencer, that was a really solid eppy (Sabrina and Patty - PUKE...kill him off). I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

With a co-HW, GH would rock!

Archived