OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Killing Club Killer, Spencer Truman saga, the end of the AMC/OLTL baby switch, Nora having an aneurysm and nearly dying, the rape of Todd (Victor Jr.).by Margaret, One Pure People white supremacist, Evangeline falling into a coma, Jessica developing DID through a horrific retcon of Niki Smith taking a young Jessica to bars where she was raped. Jolie vs. Jovan, Duke [!@#$%^&*] Kelly and also Kevin being rendered sterile thanks to Spencer, Todd/Victor Jr. being executed, Tess and later Jessica falling for Nash, Duke dying during a tornado, Dorian and Clint dating, Sarah Roberts returning, Marty Saybrooke returning with her son Cole, and with Langston and Markko, Starr and Cole become the new teen scene

Is that elaborate enough for you

• Members

After listening to that interview I feel PP made a bad call firing Racina. I feel him & Jessica Klein started to Gel. Michael Slade was a great BDW and Marin G is a great SW. I believe they would have knocked the show out of the park

• Members

They pretty much abandoned attempting to talk about the show after about thirty minutes. He also didn't get anything much out of them about the PP process, sadly, although I was frankly surprised to hear them so positive about the experience and the executives. I had heard there was no love lost.

I thought they did a very good job - I think Jessica Klein juiced the show up well, but I think Horgan, while not the most exciting soap writer of our times and not without her missteps as an EP in the '90s, understands the show very well, wrote for it well back then and last year, and was instrumental in making it feel like OLTL out of the gate. She was there for a number of different eras, not just Gottlieb's and her own.

• Members

I remember the rumors swirling that her exit was a combination of a) exhaustion with the impossible grind they were all thrown into to produce under an extreme time constraint and B) creative differences with the two higher-ups at PP, who were very invested in OLTL as the 'hip, edgy' show, which probably did contribute to some of the focus on the club atmosphere and its denizens (though I liked Shelter a lot). And I think all of that has some truth to it. Nonetheless, she seems quite complimentary.

They did move away from over-incorporating the music acts and such - Jessie Malakouti thankfully disappeared after a couple appearances as "Dusky," who I think they may have at one point had slated for Jack but don't quote me on that - but the Shelter staff dayplayers did definitely remain. I thought there was too much of them, but I didn't mind them on the show. I always felt the Shelter scene was the most real club scene I've ever seen on soaps and I loved having it, I thought it suited the outsider vibe OLTL has always had, it's just a question of how and when it was utilized, which is why they really needed to bring back the Angel Square diner or whatever to have one more set for people to hang at. I didn't mind people eating at Shelter before the nightclub hours, but there was a little too much.

• Members

I never understand why the coffee house set looked so plain on OLTL. It was even called Coffee shop. AMC that set looked great. I wonder why they didnt just recreate that Coffee Shop OLTL had in early 200s? I liked that. Yes I wish both shows had more places to eat and hang.

I also hated that the police chief office werent given their own style per show

• Members

Bo's office looked exactly like Bo's office from ABC. Jesse's office on AMC was a redress but I didn't mind it.

I liked the Hallowed Grounds shop from ABC, but I had no huge desire to see it again. I just didn't need "COFFEE SHOP".

Archived