OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

JPL can't act and he's not attractive at all. I couldn't stand watching him and FF together on OLTL. They were bad enough on their own, and were unbearable together with their complete lack of chemistry and horrible acting. And the propping.

That said I'll give that Beacon Hill a chance. He's slightly better away from Fath. And his costars have said good things about him for the most part. It's his ex-girlfriend that people (fans and costars) seem to dislike as a person. I have to admit I like what he said about his time on OLTL and his costars.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I see some people on Twitter not pleased about OLTL's Best Show nod, but I'm VERY happy! I'm going to re-watch some of the show starting today in honor of this. I found both PP shows very well produced and the content was amazing, especially considering the amount of time they had to throw everything together. It makes me frustrated all over again because BOTH shows were improving so much each week. I hope they win!

• Members

Yeah, I'm VERY happy as well. And you summed up exactly what I was going to say.

Let the hater's hate. OLTL and AMC were honestly very good.

I'd LOVE to see OLTL pull a DAYS from last year and win almost out of the blue. That was a wonderful moment.

I still question some of the other acting nods in general but it's nice when the Emmy nominating process gets a few things right.

• Members

I'm very, very happy for Kelley Missal and for the fantastic crew, who really, deeply deserve recognition which they probably won't get due to how the judging process works. Kelley was incredible. And I'm happy for OLTL. The show was not as good as AMC AFAIC, which was easily the best show of 2013, but it was good, as worthy of being nominated as any other soap with their ups and downs last year, and more than that, it was an OLTL that managed to be good without being overly identified with one creative team, which is the real upset for some people.

On a purely visceral and immature level it amuses me to hear about people shitting their weight in blood because a Ron Carlivati-less OLTL dared to be nominated while a show he wrote was not. Personally, I felt GH was only good about half the year last year, but that kind of slipshod quality never stopped soaps from being nominated before - so I do think GH deserved a nom if OLTL 2.0, which only ran a handful of months, got one. Yet at the same time, I think it's a blow to that ego that needs to happen. OLTL never belonged to one guy, and the GH way is not the only way of doing things - stories, characters, pacing, plot. These shows proved that, AMC in particular, but OLTL 2.0 was also more character-driven and took the time. I wish AMC was nominated so that point could be driven home, but I'll take what I can get. In any event, there were stories and performers OLTL 2.0 deserved at least the recognition for, and I'm glad it's getting it one more time.

• Members

I am happy that OLTL and Kelly Missal got their nominations. I wish them well. I've been saying for months that Kelly deserves that nomination.

I haven't had time to read what's out there in social media today but I'll take everyone's word for it regarding the snobbery and can only say 'why?' It's not like the remaining network soaps are Masterpiece Theater or Shakespeare! Some of them on networks have produced very sh**ty storylines and content and bad hammy acting so I refuse to believe most of these network soaps are so superior to what the TOLN soaps were doing.

If we're talking about sets and furniture pieces and lighting, so what? I've seen some clips from classic soaps where the sets were so cheap looking but I didn't care because the acting was first rate and the storylines were engrossing and engaging.

OLTL 2.0 was never perfect but they tried and they had some good moments that rated right up there with what's left of the daytime dramas of today.

So Suck it, Ron!tongue.png

Archived