AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gotta say the castings of Ryan Bittle as Adam "JR" Chandler II, Eric Nelsen as Adam "A.J." Chandler III, Denyse Tontz as Miranda Montgomery and Robert Scott Wilson as Peter "Pete/Petey" Cortlandt are fantastic and props to Alison Goodman and Michael Morlani the Casting Directors!

• Members

Denyse Tontz is really the spitting image of both Eden and the last Miranda. And she sounds like Riegel and has the mannerisms. Really excellent.

I like Eric Nelsen a lot too. And seeing Ryan Bittle on video, he comes off a lot less stiff. It's aging the character a bit (not that much given JY's actual age), but it's necessary, there is a time gap, and it's nothing compared to what old Irna used to get up to with SORASing in the '60s and '70s. And he's a hot daddy.

I'll reserve judgment on Stovers or Stouffer's or whatever her name is. I remember cringing at the casting of Yaya and then I thought she did pretty well, though she was green. Then she turned out to be excellent in a series of character parts in films, just excellent. I always thought it was a mistake for AMC to dump her.

• Members

No. You still get commercials with Hulu Plus. The main difference is that you get access to more content like full seasons of some shows AND you are able to stream more of that content on your TV or mobile device. Without Hulu Plus, you are basically limited to watching some shows on your computer only.

• Members

We split them when they air. Bite me.

The continued necessity of this thread is all the more clear now that we know at least one or two AMC hires were initially earmarked for OLTL. The shows are blending together on a production level at the moment.

Archived