DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, I loved those hospital scenes today. I love it when characters get riled up about legal terms like "doctor-patient confidentiality" and "sexual harassment" because they go on and on and on about them. If only Abby had been there, she's been lectured about doctor-patient by both Carly and Cameron. I don't mind the virgin thing. It's a big deal to HER if not to everyone else, since no one else has weighed in besides Jennifer "I won't let my daughter be a model!" Horton. This same story is happening on Grey's, but somehow, it's a biiiit more realistic here. I also love how these women on shows who are still virgins after a while just suddenly wanna give it up after meeting someone, like, did they never meet anyone before this? Was it enver an issue?

Anyway, I loved the interactions between Kate and Rafe today. Them teaming up against Nick, him telling Gabi that he'd protect their baby with some blackmail, her trying to form a bond with Will but still getting pissed off, all of this is fantastic stuff and this storyline is really firing on ALL cylinders for me.

The one thing that's still sorta enh is the triangle with Brian/Sonny/Will. If only because Brian feels like a generic threat and Sonny is still as bland as paper. I really wish that Brian characteristics -- being staunchly for gay rights, angry with those who are closeted/confused/etc. would be Sonny's qualities. He's just too cheery now. Even happy-go-lucky Austin and sickeningly sweet Carrie back in the day had personalities. What would really give Sonny/Will some rooting value is for Sonny to have a personality and for there to be a Sami type character in the mix with them. Brian at the end of the day is a day player, so he'll be shuffled off soon. I think what worked about the classic Sami/Austin/Carrie triangle is that they were sisters. Sami AND Carrie were both important parts of the canvas and so was Austin. Whereas Will is an important part of the canvas and Sonny has been made into one, Brian is not. Imagine -- not saying I want this, but imagine if Nick turned out to be closeted after all of this and was in love with Sonny. The fighting over Sonny between Nick and Will would have much more weight if we knew that Nick wouldn't be a character shipped out of town once the storyline was over.

• Members

Agree with a lot of your points, Ira! I especially agree about the complexity of the relationship between Will and Gabi. (I was LOL at Will coming in and lying down on the bed face-down in his embarrassment about what happened with Sonny by the way -- and that's so "real" too.) Gabi is still Will's go-to friend. It seems he was almost taking her for granted in that talk though, and then just throwing in that paternity test at the end ... If I were Gabi, I would have been a little put off too. Understandable and believable that Will was focused on himself after what just happened with Sonny, but he wasn't helping his cause there! Also when Will said goodbye to the baby more than he did to Gabi, that had to have hurt Gabi. He's done that before too.

I don't think Sonny has too little personality, or that he's not political enough. Remember in October when he was talking about gay marriage and also talking about why people coming out of the closet was changing minds? Sonny was quite passionate about it.

I think Brian is threatening enough to Will and Sonny's relationship ... The making out a couple weeks ago already got a lot of "BriSon" fans ... We also saw the deviousness of Brian when he implied to Will that he'd had sex with Sonny. It's too early for there to be a triangle like what you describe, with three characters who won't be leaving, as great and interesting of an idea as that is. Will and Sonny deserve some happy time first. They haven't even gotten past the obstacle of Will lying about the baby. They've never had more than a couple weeks without something else hanging over them.

Rafe and Kate were good today. The united front was almost *too* united though -- I worry it will alienate Nick more and push him into something drastic. I do believe Nick was telling the truth to an extent to Gabi when he said he only planned to use the secret if a custody battle happened and if he was forced into it.

I'm glad Gabi called Nick out on his "other gay boy" reference to Sonny. Gabi is not going to let Nick completely steamroller her, trust!

I thought the "Golden Circle Club" thing was hilarious (and mysterious when I didn't know what it was about), but I can sympathize with Abigail feeling like viriginity is a big issue. I remember when I was younger, I had a lot of strongly held beliefs on it as well. I hope Cameron's look at the hospital didn't mean he was put off by it.

I wasn't aware Sonny/Will had gone rock climbing too (missed this when I was catching up on YouTube), so the flashback was nice to show that Sonny/Brian doing so was a parallel and also to confirm that Sonny was still thinking about Will.

Overall Friday was pretty good. Nothing to complain about. Kept me waiting, kept me wanting more ... The Will/Sonny reunion is going to have to wait. Not what I wanted from a selfish standpoint, but I can admire the confidence behind the show knowing what pace to take on this to keep people coming back but not give people what they want too soon.

• Members

The only thing i mind is that Abby isnt a virgin, but whatever they wanna eliminate her sex life we didnt really see thats fine, ive given this show and other soaps more room than that lol.

it is more realistic here than in greys. well, less annoying i guess.

also, IRL my best friend was a virgin well into her 20s and she met a guy and just gave up, no regrets either. She had dated other guys and thought about sleeping with them but just didnt for one reason or another.This guy was just different.

• Members

Just got caught up on 3 weeks worth of shows. Whatever I may think of the stories, the scriptwriting on this show has been really good - Melissa Salmons and the Cullitons being the standouts.

Random observations:

- still hate Dannifer, Chloe is still pretty, but still oh so dull. Ann Milbauer is great though - I hope she crushes Jen! But alas, her sloppiness will be her undoing.

- Ejami - so glad Sami picked someone, anyone and the magic vagina can have a single owner and I can FF it all! I would hope the custody issues and Rafe boning Kate (which I loved) are permanent roadblocks for Safe.

-What's the deal with Hope? Rafe noted she was angsty - does she need sex more than she needs Bo? Hints of a new storyline emerging?

-I am in awe of Eileen Davidson still.

I am really liking the feel of the show. In the first 6 months of Tomsell, I felt the show was lacking a pulse, but its all coming together nicely now. I see similarities with 2009 (when I last enjoyed the show) but the removal of Higley and the addition of Broderick is great.

Archived