DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a nice Valentines Day ep today!

Ok. Sami's strawberry shortcake outfit and accessories. LMAO. And that bun. Too cute but it made her look like such a little girl. Though, it oddly all went with the way she was acting today anyway. I loved her scenes with EJ & she looked beautiful in that last shot of the episode!

Wow...are they going somewhere with Caroline and Victor? This sure came out of nowhere. Maybe they're doing this for an upcoming story about Bo?

Loved the Chad/Kristen scenes! ;-)

• Members

So, because Sami has done evil deeds in her past that just gives EJ right to do as he pleases to her, no questions asked and nobody is allowed to have an issue with it?

Sami didnt think about the pain she was causing those people though. Her intention was to get what she wanted - Austin. Sure, she was a scheming and lying and her own worst enemy because of her selfish actions, but i dont think she was evil even at her worst. I was more talking about her for the past decade or so, her lying about johnnys parentage, and about who grace really was was done to protect them, it did come from a good intending place and she was right to do it. the proof of her being right is... everything EJ has done to her and using the kids to do it.

She never should have been the weeping heroine the show turned into to give EJ story, but that doesnt mean she has to be this evil villianous hellbent on destroying people just for fun that you seem to want her to be either. There is a middle ground, and that middle ground is the most interesting place for her to be imo. She in current position has been wonderful for a few months now, and i hope to see it continue. I also hope to see her featured more in the baby storyline and with her family than anymore bouncing between two men who need her to prop them up and give them a place to be on the show.

• Members

Thursday - another day, another masterclass in soap writing and acting. Days has been making it seem so effortless.

Loved Caroline's reaction to the flowers, and Maggie encouraging Victor to go to the Brady pub to spend time with Caroline. I love Maggie (even if she abandoned Parker the other day, LOL). About the scene with Caroline and Victor seeming to come out of nowhere, I don't think the show is planning to kill off Bo or anything like that. I think partially it is just what happens when you have a good writing regime with a character-based mission that is trying to think about the entire canvas. If anything, it may be that they are planning to do more with Caroline's Alzheimer's. I loved Caroline mentioning her memories, Even if they don't do any more with it, the scenes were perfect just from the point of view of these characters knowing that Caroline has Alzheimer's.

I liked how they had Nick volunteering to help out too so that Caroline and Victor could talk. The show shows all sides of Nick, not just the bad ones.

Loved Kristen talking to Chad about the aftermath of the wedding, how he lost his chance with Abigail, and how Kristen said revenge no matter how good takes away a part of you. What a great way, along with Brady's feelings about what has happened to Arianna and Madison, and Brady's love for Kristen expressed "from the heart," to naturally explain Kristen's motivation changing. As she said, she's not sure her plan is the right thing anymore, and that's totally believable. We had seen weeks of Kristen appearing to have some degree of genuine feelings too, before she revealed her plan to ditch Brady at the altar to Stefano.

The shower fantasy was just the latest confirmation that Days and NBC will not back down in portraying all aspects of Will and Sonny's relationship as they would a heterosexual one. Great! I didn't sense that much new chemistry though, it was such a short fantasy. The flashback to New Year's, the happiest times right before the wedding, that was when I felt the most chemistry between Will and Sonny in this episode (and also that time is when I started watching the show). That flashback also reminded me, I like it when Chandler Massey's Georgia roots come out and Will gets a bit of a Southern twang haha.

Liked seeing Brian again. But I really hope Will will tell Sonny something though about how he is feeling and how he got Sonny's gift that was ordered weeks ago, before Sonny mentions Brian. I need the second chance to really happen!

So if EJ is not being manipulative or plotting something bad, that means he is a pod person? I'm new to the show, but I don't see why he can't have changed for the better. Also the multiple fakeouts about proposing to Sami (if that is indeed what he is doing) show he still enjoys toying with people.. Even if it can be considered romantic, a lot of other characters who have different backgrounds would never string their lover along like that.

Enjoyed Gabi and Will's interaction, especially the little things like talking about some obscure band Will likes ... I liked how Will was kind of distracted too thinking about whether Sonny wanted to get back together. Not to diss Gabi or the baby, but Will would be having those thoughts go through his head after just getting that gift. (Nice fakeout by the way, Days, making me think on Wednesday that Sonny's gift was a recording from NIck! I love it!)

As Gabi said to her baby after he left, she does want Will to be happy, but more importantly, she wants herself and her baby to be happy. That's a nice summation of the character's motives right now. Gabi wants good things for Will but just worries about Sonny coming after her and doesn't want her baby taken away. Nick on the other hand doesn't want Will and Sonny raising his and Gabi's baby. Nick has a fantasy of a perfect marriage and perfect family, and the gay couple does not fit in his fantasy.

Days may be a little blunt sometimes with all the "It's what you want, right?, "What do you want?", "I will get what I want," lately, but it is firm evidence that the writing team is consciously thinking about the whys, the motives, the histories, of the characters, as a starting point, and then evolving story off of that. This soap is so well-crafted, I can't say it enough.

About Wednesday, Hope was assuming to speak for the whole Horton family, not just herself, when she said "the Hortons" would all be behind Nick. That, I think, is what Cheap21 was bothered by. I actually don't think there will be that much within-family dissension on this though, since NIck appears to be planning to fly below the radar for some time still. The climax to this, whenever it happens, is not going to be predictable and I love it!

And Blake Berris shouldn't change in any way. Looks great!

Archived