DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Members

I'd agree about the first few years, but not so much after that, other than the wedding where Carrie punched Sami. I think it was a little played out, serviceable as a B story, admittedly better than the dull plots for Bo/Hope and Jack/Jennifer.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can def see how you or anyone found it maybe a little tired or played out, but it was a main, leading story for years after that wedding. The only time it really took a back seat was when kristen went full on psychopath right before her exit, but even then it played heavily.

At least when I think of mid-late 90s main storys those are the two i think of, the sami/austin/carie story - with lucas, mike, greta all adding to it - and the kristens demise up until the saved by the belle crew came in and the baby swap.

• Members

I guess I see most of 96-97 as stalling because JER was finishing out his contract. I think the story had a good climax, I just would have cut out some of 96-97, especially Lucas being in the dark about Will for such a long time. I think the Marlena/Kristen/etc. saga carried things, although I did enjoy Sami blackmailing Kate.

But it's kind of silly to go back over all that anyway. I'd take slow over nonsense like that rushed Carrie/Rafe story.

• Members

Gosh, Carrie & Rafe has SUCH potential and ive never, ever said such a think about that bland, borring waste of space Carrie. CC & GG really had some chem and the characters oddly worked and carrie having an Affair with Samis man but not going after him to hurt her was rather delicious, esp when Sami saw them kiss and told Austin lol.

Muldoon will always Carrie's austin and Peck is Sami's austin imho.

• Members

I didnt think Carrie had chem with Rafe. They did nothing for me. I thought Carrie's return was a big waste for her on all fronts except Kate turning on her. I thought that had potental. Its too bad that Carrie had to leave just as that happened bc I was looking forward to Carrie being the new "Sami" to her. The role reversal would have been amazing especially if Sami was involved to throw in her two cents and support Kate's utter contempt of Carrie. And with Marlena on Carrie's side? Marlena/Carrie vs Kate/Sami is something I definetly could have enjoyed

• Members

LMAO at the Chicago club that Brady/Kristen/Daniel/Jennifer were at in Friday's ep. We were supposed to believe that little lounge set was a trendy club? LOL! The music & lighting didn't suggest that at all! It was way too chill looking (not to mention cheap), and I saw not one person twerking in there. Awful!

Kristen was hilarious throughout the whole double date. Also loved her fantasy at the beginning of the ep.

Jenn looked beautiful but was she wearing a DiMera curtain?

Welcome back, T! biggrin.png So good to see him. That guy is hilarious and the actor is so natural in the role. Wish Kinsey could make a comeback as well. Didn't she leave w/Chloe? Has she said anything about her?

Lucas to Will: "What about that guy Nick?" Uh! You mean your cousin Nick? mellow.png rolleyes.gif

Cool how they did those Will flashbacks w/Chandler's real life brother but wow was that guy cringeworthy to watch or what? LOL when he was acting drunk...yikes!

Nick's reactions to Will & Lucas' conversation were priceless. Blake's doing a great job with this story!

Archived