DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed today's episode. I was glad to have some nice scenes that will hopefully continue to move the storyline forward between Eric and Nicole. Sometimes I feel like the show's idea of moving a storyline slow is just not having any important scenes in a given storyline for weeks at a time. I really liked Eric and Nicole's relationship back in the late '90s, and I was excited to have Eric back on screen. I'm really enjoying GV as Eric. I think he's doing a good job. I was not pleased they brought him back as a priest, but I am hoping (trying to be positive!) that they have good plans that will continue to develop. I also thought AZ/Nicole looked great today!

I was one of the few that wasn't so sure about ED/Kristen coming back. While I loved her in the '90s, I wasn't sure how she would fit in to the current regime on Days. I am so glad that I was so so wrong because she is just killing it every day she is on. I love pretty much every scene she is in. She is just great.

I wonder if they even tried to get JKJ back when Chloe returned. As others have mentioned, he is so necessary in this storyline it is ridiculous he isn't here. Although I could do without this storyline altogether as it involves Daniel front and center once again. I guess I would just like JKJ back regardless as I liked watching him on screen.

• Members

I think Eric is flop personally, he does absolutely nothing for me (except BORE ME) and I think TPTB know it as well. His only appeal and saving grace is that he IS Eric Brady and he's been MIA far too long and he just needs to be in Salem. With that being said, him and Brady are essentially the same character!

His re-intro should have shown him as a POW Photographer and Brady, Sami, Nicole and whoever else could have gone to try and save him, only to find out he had lost his memory or something, they could have brought him back to Salem and Nicole could have helped him regain his memory. With this they could have introduced new bad ass villians to the show since the Dimeras have been defanged. End of rant!!!! Sorry!

• Members

I don't see him and Brady as the same character. Why does there have to be this rule that only one of them can be in Salem? Well, to me, Brady should only be like 21 right now, not pushing 40.

Eric is quiet, soft-spoken, sweet ... Brady is romantic, slutty, dumb, angry at the world ...

I see them as different but in theory, yes, they do serve a similar purpose on the canvas. That I would agree with.

I think Eric has been a bit of a flop as well and I REALLY hate saying that. I love Greg Vaughan and I like the potential of Eric and Nicole again. It's just been so blah since he came back. It hasn't grabbed me at all. I don't even really care that much about any story that could be there about his past (if there is anything left to reveal?). However, we need more episodes like today. Not all of the time but yeah. I agree with Jennerz who said this show sometimes "moves storylines slow" by having absolutely nothing important happen for weeks on end. I felt like that was where Days was heading until this massive shift in January. Seriously, the show has become surprisingly entertaining after I was pretty fearful the crap we were getting would get it cancelled. I actually did feel the show was vulnerable this year, probably for the first time, even when that NBC boss flat out said in 2007 that the show was all but done, lol.

Anyway, the show was OK today. I think they're making Kristen look a little pathetic right now. Entertaining YES. LOVE having her back so much.

EJ and Stefano were a little more in character than they have been, at least to me, today, but yeah, they have been defanged quite a bit. As much as I want Stefano in Salem interacting with everyone, THIS Stefano, the one "in the shadows" is Stefano to me. He has lost his bite though and EJ's balls are completely gone. He's been neutered at this point to make his relationship with Sami fly.

I loved Marlena's truthful reaction to Sami today. What the HELL are you thinking? THANK YOU Marlena!

I'm sorry EJami fans but this couple shouldn't be all giggly and romantic after he forced her/raped/i'm not going to debate this to have sex with him back in the day. I can't believe they seriously write Sami just shrugging everything off. I don't know. This couple doesn't fly with me for all of the crap they've done to each other. All that aside, and character neutering aside, I COULD get behind them. I would have loved truly scheming EJ and original JER Sami together. I also can't get over EJ in his late 30s when he should be 16 and the woman who looks like his mother is his exact same age and probably the reason we won't see Susan.

• Members

While I do get what you are saying, the night that shall not named was dealt with long ago and they went on to have another child so thats not really an issue for me, esp given how Sami and Austin moved on after she raped him basically no questions asked.

I do still have issues with the sydnapping/faking her death & shooting him in the head thing being ignored, but whatever i guess. I like them more than less this go around, and itll be interesting to see how they are written as a couple. I can accept the giddy happiness with them after all this time of fancing around being together but never actually being together, for a bit.

As for his age, its just one of those things as a days fan I have to put out of my mind, lol.

• Members

Is Brady not feeling up to getting married because he isn't over Madison and because of how she died when they were going to get married? I think Kristen will feel bad if he is pouring his heart out to her about that and she may change her plan.

"I will get what I want. I will get what I need," she said. But what if what she wants and what she needs changes from what she thinks they are now?

Overall Monday's episode was blah to me. I liked most of the scenes okay, but they didn't come together to form a bigger whole like so many of the eipsodes have since I started watching. The scenes weren't as deep. Also there was a bit too much of a forced campy feel to certain scenes with Kristen and with Nicole's dreams. It's a difficult line to walk between funny and forced.

It's hard for me to see what will happen with Nicole and Eric going forward. Would they have him fall for her and quit being a priest after just a few months? The concept of her conflict is good though, for now. She was making some good points about how she felt she'd never be what he wanted her, the good Christian girl, too. I did like the subtext that perhaps Eric was turned on by Nicole in that dress.

I was most interested in Marlena and Sami's scenes, as well as Marlena and Stefano's.

Nice to see Kayla, who I'd pretty much just heard of -- I feel like Mary Beth Evans, who I guess I've now watched on three soaps, doesn't age.

Glad Jennifer is on to Ann! Is Jennifer going to lie about her own lie though? Guess I'll find out tomorrow! Hope Will/Gabi/Nick/Sonny are on too.

• Members

I usually try to not let anything like that bother me. I guess because I consider Days 'my soap' I'm protective of it and just don't like a lot of what happened with those characters. It disappoints me because I do think they could have been a great couple at one time. I guess they still could be but for some reason, and I DO try, I just am not able to get behind them yet.

And with the giddy happiness, I can see your point, and any new relationship is like that. I mean, I kinda WANT to like them but, the writing for me, just isn't there for them. All I see is Sami thirsty for EJ and he's completely boring to me. IDK. I'm glad for their fans though, I am. I'm sure this is great, great, stuff for them. They are getting decent 'couple writing' though and I have to admit I love Sami and Rafe hating each other, even though it's ridiculous WHY they are hating each other so much (over Sami "attacking" Gabi ...lmao I kinda love it).

• Members

OMG, I thought Nicole was saying F U to Eric when she was spelling out fun. I have to say she looked hot in her dress and loved the hair

I cant stand Ann, but at the same time, Im kinda liking her. She needs to get a life and comes across pathetic with her hate for Jen, but I appreciate that hate and how there is someone that doesnt kiss the princess' ass

I love EJ and Sami as a couple but man are they boring right now. EJ is WAY too nice. Can the real EJ please stand up? He works better as an anti-villian, not this passive good guy. She works better the same way. What made them so intersting before was the dynamic they had when they came together but the spark is lacking now. Things seem way too safe and they need an obstacle to keep things interesting

Is Stefano going to return to town soon? I notice JM has been apearing more and Marlena kinda forshadowed it in her scene with Sami

• Members

Totally.

And honestly, EJ is the worst. Hes eaten this show alive for way too long for such a basic ass boring character.

I just want to see some fight come out of Sami, and i am hoping this baby story will give her that and send her on the attack of Nick and Gabi to make sure Will gets his baby. She needs to be scrapping, to be plotting. And i think this is a great alt to get trying to get a man or something stupid like that that makes her childish. it really is time to give her something more grown up.

• Members

I've seen so many shades of Sami in this baby storyline so I'm liking that and agree it's time to have her grow up. She can still be Sami but I see no need to watch Sami, of all people, flounce between men. It just doesn't fly for me, but it is kind of typical "selfish Sami" I guess. She only cares about herself but it makes her look terrible shuffling her children off to grandma's so she can host a sleepover. IDK. It all comes off as "ugh, really?" to me. But I won't dwell on it.

I want Sami the fighter. The one I saw get all up in Kristen's face and Brady's face. The bitch who put a crying Gabi in her place. Poor Gabi my ass.

• Members

Yesterday was the first day that I got them. That I got it. I thought it was a great set of scenes, from the fantasies at the beginning to the confrontation. AZ was on fire, and GV did great too with very little, showing the hurt in his eyes. If they keep this momentum, then I am all aboard the Eric/Nicole express.

By contrast, Sami & EJ were kind of dull. I liked them last week when they confessed their love for one another but now I've had my fill. I wouldn't mind a break from them.

Marlena & Stefano!! I do hope he returns to Salem soon. I need to see him mix it up with Kate and his Queen of the Night. JM lights up every scene he is in.

Eileen Davidson. wub.png "I hate lying, too." laugh.png She seems really happy on Days.

ETA: The bitchy Hospital lady! I love how she hates Jennifer so much.

Archived