Gross & Perverted Soap Opera Moments

• Members

Ryan burned down their house and screwed Liza in the woods within hours of Gillian's death. It was awful.

The scene provided one unintentionailly hilarious moment -- a shot of Ryan's anguished face (snot and all) superimposed over the flames engulfing his house. Pure cheese.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also thought it was gross how in the last decade of ATWT almost every love scene took place on someone's couch. I know it's because they didn't have the budget for bedrooms anymore at that point, but still, it was gross.

Jack and Carly's couch was covered with more DNA than a crime scene by the time the show ended. Ick.

• Members

Well, I admit the Marian story totally embraced its bad taste...but I loved it. While Nadine was a Cooper and useless, I did find it kind of "mean spirited, " to dump her body in the diner garbage bin and then have her floating as fish food for a months...though they had great lines, "Have some diner food, Deeney" as Brent threw in the dumpster. I also find it odd that people were so upset that Brent changed Dimbulb Lucy's HIV test. Soaps have been changing tests for years, why was HIV sacrasont? Plus it kept her and AM apart for a while (Uh, ever heard of rubbers or second tests) and I have to admit, it appealed to my mean side to see the stupid Coopers tortured so mercilessly....(though I think Brent should have put some fast acting poison into Frank's highlights kit so we coulda seen the end of him!"

But Cutter??? I didn't know anyone gave a fig about him? I liked the blood thing (cliche though it is in mystery stories) and that whatshsface with the google eyes was suspected...though McTrash heavy handidly made it about race, which didnt fit this outrageously tasteless and dark storyline.

But my fave tasteless moment is when Borderline Retarded Lucy still didnt get it that Marion was a man, and nuts, even after being kidnapped and held in the lighthouse, she thought Marion had a lesbian crush on her..and Brent, voiced his outrage at the Duck that all the audience felt . screaming...."You think IM a LESBIAN!!!!!" If McTrash would have kept that stuff up I woulda loved her GL!

• Members

I LOVED Cutter!! Granted, I can't remember a thing about him other than his death (so maybe this is more about Scott Hoxby than the character) but I remember him being a breath of fresh air as opposed to say the dickhead that was Nick McHenry.

• Members

Oh God, but that was how bad GL was at the time....Nick McHenry, !@#$%^&*] extradonaire, Fletcher Reade, spitting all over the screen, or... Cutter!

I have to give you a hearty thanks for bringing back my Nick McHenry hate....my idea of hell is watching scenes of he and Fletcher in that apartment, with that kid with the Brooklyn accent, trying to act like they were male bonding (when you know the only male Nick cared about was the one looking at him in the mirror!) Not to mention he sullied my Mindy in a way that Roger never could.

• Members

If I start on Nick I'll never stop. He just ruined my GL experience from 92-94, although he was far from alone in that.

I thought Cutter had a nice easy charm which was not in abundance on GL at that time. JFP had awful taste in leading men.

• Members

I just found Nick a complete waste of time. The gymnastics to make him Alex's son left a bad taste in my mouth, and it went downhill from there. Yelling and smirking are NOT acting, VI. NOT. ACTING.

It's like he paved the way for the atrocities that were Hunt Block and Justin Deas (at least for the last 10 years or so---there was a time he actually acted as Buzz.) on that show.

Archived