Gross & Perverted Soap Opera Moments

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After Gillian being shot in the head and Leo kicking in the hospital room door to get her heart (although at least he didn't specifically shoot her, so Zach's still got you there, DuPres), I was outraged. If I hadn't already become so cut off from AMC by that time I would have been even more outraged.

• Members

You didn't miss much. When they werent listening to Wheeler's "Garage Band," and wandering aimlessly around fields, (or having a picnic next to a road, or doing paperwork in the park..how did this [!@#$%^&*] make it to network TV????) they were doing really stupid things like this episode and the one where Harley became a super hero.."The Guiding Light," ..no kidding there and it was NOT a dream episode and what was worse, fans were posting on the boards that they loved it.

God Justin Deas as Buzz was gross. The way he would kiss Lilian with gum in his mouth and he just would grab her head and start chewing on her face! I just wanted old hard up for a lay Lillian to smack him!

No, I think that this was supposed to be a "real," episode...one shot though it may have been.

• Members

C'mon, that Inside The Light with Harley as a superhero was some sort of dream sequence! I think they had some cheeky lil wink-to-the-audience thing happen, kind of like the way the Reva Clone appeared to Reva in her sleep one last time after she died and Reva awakened to find whatever necklace or trinket that the clone left behind. But that superhero thing was a dream........ right?

I applaud soaps like GL and ATWT for casting men who are talented actors but not necessarily hunky studs (Deas, Larry Bryggman, etc.) but Deas definitely had some icky gross moments. And I never believed that Buzz/Olivia romance for a second. No wonder she turned to the ladies... :)

• Members

Yeah, that was pretty skeevy.

It was pretty perverted by pure horror standards that Patrick Cutter got halfway through spelling out "Marian" WITH HIS OWN BLOOD before he finally died after being stabbed and left in an alley to die. Pretty horrific end for a cop, and a terrific character to boot.

• Members

I thought that was heartbreaking, but, then, that was more story than Cutter had ever had.

The Marian story skirted that line over and over - for me the worst was killing Nadine, and switching Lucy's HIV tests. I think, somehow, they did manage to hold everything together. I can't say the same for McTavish's other GL stories.

• Members

AMC - Adam impregnating Annie. Even though they were together, I kinda convinced myself that they werent having sex. Of course there was no more denying it when she turned up pregnant. That really did gross me out. Thank god we were spared love scenes

Archived