Your LEAST Favorite Opening Sequences

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THAT one worked, I agree. And I liked that opening, too.

Actually, I thought the names on GH's FOTH opening looked good, too.

OLTL's Blue & White opening was okay with adding names, but I think they looked best during Live Week in 2002, when they used the actor

names instead. I think it worked better because the name thing hadn't been adopted yet and it was a special event.

• Members

Yea in theory I like the actor names being included but it seemed too busy and too fast to be able to read. I'm mostly thinking of GH's opening before the current one. I actually loved the style on that though, how they did the overlapping and the character name was more prominent but you could still know who the actor was if you cared enough to look for it.

• Members

Re: the era of "name checks" on all ABC soaps -- I recall reading an interview with then-VP Angela Shapiro or someone from her team saying those were done in order to better promote familiarity between audience and characters. People watch these shows, he/she said, and especially if they're watching for the first time, they have no idea who's who.

Shortly after that, though, Y&R did their own variation, using the actors' names on-screen rather than the characters'.

Archived