Your LEAST Favorite Opening Sequences

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I HATE those versions. Both incorporate arrangements of "My Guiding Light" that are overly synthesized; and the 1989 one in particular is way too damn peppy. Plus, by 1988/89, it seemed as if they had done away with any and all "light" motifs whatsoever. "Guiding Light" was just a title, nothing more.

• Members

Yea somebody mentioned the GH one. The OLTL was stale cause they never updated the damn shots. Oh I'M SORRY, muthafucking Rex and Gigi got like 800 updates on their pictures. AND NATALIE STILL HAD HER 18 YEAR OLD LOOKING COMBOVER PART AND END FLIP. COOL. I'm not bitter or anything, don't mind me.

• Members

People never believe me when I say this, but I do remember then-EP Michael Laibson trying out even an island- or Caribbean-flavored version of that theme song, replete with steel [!@#$%^&*] drums. LOL.

• Members

You know, even the GUIDING LIGHT opening sequence from the Dobsons/Marland era has major problems. The theme song is pretty, if not exactly "hummable". But what on Earth possessed P&G to think that a ray of sunlight trying and failing to shine through the biggest mass of dead leaves I've ever seen equaled "GUIDING LIGHT"?

• Members

But that is the trend for primetime. Daytime is, for once, being contemporary. Yeah, the days of long openings were good but with more ad time they are forced into this. For a "title card" this is not bad IMO; it is actually better than some I've seen in primetime.

• Members

I'm going to risk being VERY unpopular and say that, although I liked the version before it better, the only thing that really

bothered me about that last OLTL opening was that it didn't get another update. It eventually needed to change, but the theme itself wasn't as much of an issue to me.

ETA: I guess alexisfan07 beat me to that one! laugh.png

I also like the 2004 theme song on its own, especially when the piano intro is added in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bobt6YHv2-k

Archived