School shooting in Connecticut

Eric83

• Members

This President and the entire U.S. Congress needs to stop sucking the ass of the NRA and gun rights lobbyists, grown a damn backbone, tell these people who thinks it's just fine to walk everywhere with an illegal weapon to go straight to hell.

No one...NO ONE...should have to bury their loved one or child after sending them to school. No one.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also think it's wrong for us to assume what lead to this until evidence/facts come into play. Right now, the only thing known for a fact is that he (or by committee) shot multiple children to death.

Is it a simple case of his parents, the healthcare sector, the educational system, and other outliers letting him down, or just that he hid his inner turmoil well to the point where no one suspected anything was wrong with him? After all, people deemed "normal" by society can be driven to the point of no return too, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a gradual process.

But then again, soaps often teach us that the aggressor is the real victim and those hurt by him/her are unworthy of any compassion. mellow.png

• Members

Whenever I buy cold medicine, I have to show my ID and give a signature. Yet, if I wanted a gun, I could just buy it, no questions asked. Does that even sound remotely sensible? The laws need to be restructured to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

• Members

There is no such thing as the right hands. The right hands = even if one out of one million gun buyers turns out to be nuts that person can be the one to kill school children. I know conservatives view gun ownership as the be all and end all of human existence, but if I had to choose between nobody having guns or 20 kids living, I vote for the kids. This bogus protestations of "I have an uzi to hunt" are just that: bogus. It's 2012, go to the supermarket.

• Members

That's always been the case for the most part. But you know America knows better. Like we always do.

My thoughts and prayers out to the families of those taken today.

And its probably the first time I've seen the president actually allow real emotion and sadness permeate his public persona.

• Members

Assault weapons were banned, but the previous administration let the ban lapse. Banning all guns isn't the answer, since that would only create a black market that would be as bad as the drug world and create more problems. Guns are going to be a part of our society rather they are legal or not, what there needs to be is stricter regulations on who to get a gun and a more concerted effort on getting illegal guns off the street. That is easier said than done, though.

Archived