School shooting in Connecticut

Eric83

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it true it's a former student, and his father?

That this was taken out on those little kids is just something unimaginable.

The media gives so much attention to these murderers that it just inspires similar insanity and carnage - the stakes keep getting higher and higher and higher.

• Members

I agree that when you hear stories like this it seems like it's an attempt to "out do" the previous shooting. Columbine, VA Tech, DarkNight massacre, etc when first reported is always "deadly shooting" "worst in US history" and then the next crazy tries to get top billing by being even more maniacal than his predecessors and the media goes insane with 24/7 coverage repeating the exact thing over and over to sensationalize the tragedy. It's a horrible world we live in where literally anything can trigger someone off and they go on a mass rampage on unsuspecting victims who were just really unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Members

They weren't even before then, but Columbine was the first to get the attention.

The worst is that nothing changes. It just gets worse. Since gun control laws will not change and I don't think they would do much to help at this point anyway, I wish the media would take steps to stop turning this all into a game.

Archived