School shooting in Connecticut

Eric83

• Members

I can't imagine dropping my child off at school and then getting a call asking me "is there anyone there with you right now" or having police approach me with a certain look. This is madness, and as much as we want to blame guns for this, I want to know the mental history of the shooter(s).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There have been attacks and mass murders in schools and day care places for a long time - the one which got the most attention for a while was Dunblane.

Columbine was romanticized by many in the media, complete with arthouse films about a day in the life of those who shoot up their school. That glorification is something which just keeps building.

Maybe now it will finally stop.

• Members

My nieces live in CT, about 20 miles from Newtown. The youngest is seven and she's so excited for Christmas that she practically vibrates at the sight of a tree. I just keep thinking what it would've been like if she'd been in that school. I keep thinking about the parents and siblings and friends who were getting ready for the holidays and now they've been thrown into hell.

Archived