School shooting in Connecticut

Eric83

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone needs to explain to me why someone would need to own an assault rifle and 2 semi automatic handguns that are known to be used by law enforcement officials for "sport"? I want to understand what the gun advocates say is the reason. Because frankly I don't understand it.

• Members

I know some people think it's good to teach kids to respect guns at an early age and I understand that reasoning but years and years ago I worked with someone whose 9 year old son was killed in a hunting accident. Nine years old and shooting guns?! That doesn't make any sense to me. All of my uncles on my mom's side hunted but that's because they were poor. There were 11 kids in that family and they grew up on farm in Mississippi. They hunted for food, not sport.

• Members

Nancy Lanza is now being described as a "survivalist" concerned for economic collapse, who stockpiled goods, taught both her sons to shoot, was an avid gun enthusiast and often took to the shooting range. She homeschooled her son at some point. Information here.

I am Vee's Utter Lack of Surprise.

• Members

And if you outlaw guns as much as you are stating... then many more than 20 people will be killed in Deer/Vehicle collisions than just 20. The guy used an automatic rifle. Just make sure you only get to own something that will shoot 6 or less bullets, make you have to have a license for it, and nobody with a criminal record gets to have one. Or it could even be like fireworks... you can only have it if you live in a rural area.

Archived