GH: Actor Possibly Out.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Cartini needs to populate the canvas with more family for Liz to interact with, I'd rather that they bring back a Hardy (whoever said Tom, Simone, or Tommy, Jr. were spot-on) or her never-seen parent(s) who haven't had anything to do with her (despite her many heartbreaks and tragedies) since they dumped her off on Audrey 15 years ago. The latter idea, IMO, is a story worth telling since that's a huge chunk of Liz's story that hasn't been told, would interest longtime viewers, and wouldn't involve any WTD bullshit.

• Members

OMG! This is too saddening.

I miss old school Olivia (yes, by old school I mean 2008/2009. LOLZ). I miss the badass, Bensonhurst bitch she was originally written as! The [!@#$%] happened? Her downfall did sort of start under Guza's pen, which I blame in large part on VM/Brenda coming back, LOL but Garin just made her extremely boring & wasted Lisa Lo's talents, and Ron C turned her into a psychic, OTT clown. I just can't even express my disappointment enough. I used to love & even hate Olivia, now I just...feel nothing for her. She's useless sad.png

They made a big mistake torching her feud w/Kate and ignoring her relationship w/Sonny IMO.

Anyways. Sad to say it but, yeah, she can go now too.

• Members

I love TSJ and I hate the thought of him anywhere near this mess but a check is a check.

If this is true I think it's kind of pathetic. Ron should give up on the whole Tale of Two Todd's and just make the most of the Todd he has now on the show he's supposed to be writing now. After all, it's not like RH is going anywhere. Ever. Again. laugh.png

But I think it's fair to say that if TSJ shows up, all of the "Ron isn't turning GH into OLTL 2.0, you big meanies!" defenders will need to STFU.

• Members
Well that's the problem with RC luring OLTL viewers over. I watched the finale, I saw Victor Jr. alive...You can't keep making references to other Llanview [!@#$%^&*] and leave your biggest cliffhanger alone, GH fans be damned. I'd rather that story be wrapped up than watch Starr or John pretend he cares about his son.

• Members

If there's no consequence to the story for a vast majority of GH viewers, then why resolve it? Most of them won't care about a death that was handwaved away almost a year ago and only brought up again for some angst with Tea, whose purpose on the show is mostly done. I'm not sure who on GH would even react to this - would bringing him back be worth scenes of Carly outraged and betrayed and Todd anguished that his not-dead brother is going to endanger his relationship with Carly?

Anything Todd did on OLTL will only affect his relationships with Starr, which most viewers don't care about, IMO, and his relationship with Carly, which is still new, and which, given Carly's history, probably wouldn't bother her since it has no impact on her life.

Maybe they are planning for Frodd to come on permanently and he and Todd can fight over Carly, but TSJ is presumably only returning for a short run.

• Members

Exactly. As long as RC keeps trying to tell Llanview stories then the charges of an invasion remain valid especially if he keeps bringing over OLTL characters to do it.

I wholeheartedly understand the desire to have the story wrapped up. That's a perfectly natural and valid desire for a viewer who was invested in the story and the show. I'm just saying it can't be both ways. You (general, not specifically you) can't get outraged when people show concern that Ron is going to morph GH into his zombie OLTL then say make excuses if TSJ comes over even for a short run. This isn't a situation like bringing back Skye for a short run. Victor means ABSOLUTELY nothing to the GH audience. He is irrelevant in the GH "canon" and bringing him back wouldn't be the same as the usual soap tactic of "someone from Character X's past comes to town."

Every casting decision is going to be looked at with suspicion and RC/FV have nobody but themselves to blame for that. Not that I think they care. Like I said, it's one thing to bring on OLTL actors as recasts or new characters. That's SOP for soaps. Bringing on TSJ just confirms the invasion fears.

Frankly, Ron needs to get that Tale of Two Todds thing out of his system. He should just write it up and post it over at Fanfiction.net.

Archived