GH: Actor Possibly Out.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I realize what a nuisance it is that these OLTL characters existed and have a history that precedes their arrival in PC. But they do, and continue to have their histories referenced. And then Carlivati comes out and says their histories will be revisited in some shape form or fashion. Easton should have come to GH as a cop named Caleb. He could have had the same back story, it just wouldn't be tied to Llanview. I completely understand why GH viewers want to take ownership of these characters without the burden of their history, but it's not going to happen.

• Members

Or John officially accepted a job with the PCPD on Tuesday, and viewers realized they will never be rid of him? Just kidding. I really try not to make those leaps about what did or didn't cause people to tune in or out. But I think you maybe at least partially correct. The casting stunts do their job by temporarily boosting viewership, but the stories lack depth, continuity, and the pacing continues to be horrid, so once the stunts are concluded viewership tapers off. I guess we will see next week. Toups may be right. We may see another upswing as an adjustment.

• Members

I'm confused. Are we talking about the week that ended 11/30? That was a heavy Llanview week (middle to end of week) and the numbers went down. No?

GH

Monday: 2.1/2,778,000

Tuesday: 2.2/2,918,000

Wednesday: 2.1/2,867,000

Thursday: 1.9/2,599,000

Friday: 1.9/2,595,000

The following Monday? Viewers are always curious, but the following Tuesday and remainder of the week tells the true story. So far, the numbers are saying that, each week, FRon can't sustain an audience for 5 consecutive days..

• Members

Given the fact that ratings tanked for all soaps that week I'm not sure its a good idea to tie it to content at all, positive or negative. I'm still inclined to believe that last week's ratings were more about coming off of sweeps and the holidays. Also, I think daily ratings are a lousy way to judge what works. There's simply too many variables so everyone can cherrypick what validates their preconceived notions. (That last Llanview day was also Skye's last day. I love Robin C. but I doubt she's that powerful.) Best to look at the trend and then when you've got a good subset of data try to take an objective look back. (Dear Gawd look at what reading Nate Silver every day for six months has done to me. LOL!) GH and B&B's sweeps included big, permanent farewells. A lot of the sweeps bump could have been about Edward's death and, yes, maybe Burton's exit. I think it's best to give the ratings another week to see if the drop sticks or rebounds.

• Members

You want to look at number? 5 OLTL characters crossed over (Todd, Starr, John, Blair, & Tea). 16 GH vets have returned at some point or another (Buchanan, Christopher, Damon, Herring, Hove, Hughes, Kanan, Kurth, Mattson, Rademacher, Roche, Rogers, Samms, Springfield, Towers, & Wagner). Let's face it, 5 fanbases didn't save GH, 16 fanbases did.

Also, 3 major characters exited this year (Robin, Jason, & Edward). Those weeks dedicated to those characters brought ratings up majorly.

• Members

KDP or FL has done nothing positive for the ratings and KDP turned alot of viewers off with her Twitter antics. She really surprised me with her most recent behavior. Even aunt Dorian chimed in and made certain the viewers knew that Todd was nothing without Blair. KDP turned out to be her own worst enemy, and I didn't know she was that pathetic.

• Members

One of the things about Daytime is that when you see these actors day after day for 20 years, you can really read them like the back of your hand. You can tell if they're "off" or acting "different".

I do know that there was supposed to be some kind of fan event down south with a variety of stars from the soaps, and Kassie was uninvited.

Archived