GH: Actor Possibly Out.

• Members

Todd is popular mostly because of the GH characters he shares a story with, and how he relates to them. None of his past affects them. Even his relationship with Starr likely gets a shrug from most GH viewers.

Absolutely none of the OLTL stories dragged over to GH have had any impact or value. Todd seemed to become popular in spite of them.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess in the end it becomes about intention. Is the intention to give Todd a story or is the intention to keep OLTL alive? Because that intention is going to decide if the story "works" or not. Again I point to Tea. Was Sam's dead baby story made better because Tea was in it?

• Members

I'm pretty sure the dead baby story wouldn't have even happened if Tea wasn't involved LOL. That's a good point. But as a OLTL fan, I like the reminders that Llanview is still kicking and getting to see the characters in new circumstances. But I understand the GH fans' frustrations.

• Members

Not addressing Todd's OLTL past is no more awkward than GH not addressing the fact Lucy Coe killed vampires. All that matters is that the character "Todd Manning" retains the essence of Todd and whatever history is convenient to the current show, and any specific from his non-GH history be used as GH needs or wants it.

• Members

I was a fan of the entire ABC lineup and I personally, notice I said I, feel there should be resolution to the story. Otherwise stop having Todd mention it every time they need to show he's a bad guy who can kill and get away with it. If they wanted it to be forgotten they could've done a throwaway line when Todd first appeared instead they had him mention it regularly and even used his trial to have him leave for a brief period.

• Members

It did not work one bit! When OLTL debut on GH the entire week was 1.7. It happened to be the time of Robin's death, which was sidelined for 8 business days! Most recently, when Tea resurfaced and almost 2 weeks was dedicated to Todd and the worthless baby switch, the numbers tanked again. GH began to show signs of life and gains when the GH vets surfaced. The OLTL characters have done nothing for GH!

• Members

I think that some early excitement for OLTL's crossover, along with the returns of Robert and Anna, helped ratings initially. When those stories turned out to be shockingly poor, I'd say some of the worst crap I've ever seen on a soap, ratings tanked.

Since that time I can see a case where Todd might have helped ratings, if people enjoy his relationship with Carly or his comic relief role. The others, not so much.

And it looks like ratings fell again the week of that [!@#$%^&*] with all the blather about invisible Tomas AKA Alcazar/Ethel Merman/RuPaul/Tom Poston.

Archived