Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Given that reasoning, I guess you believe that if a woman wears tight clothes she's asking to be raped. Or maybe it means that I'm allowed to kill any white guy with a shaved head.

What other articles of clothing allow people to victimize you without consequences? Muslim head scarves? Yarmulkes? Two piece swimsuits? I'd like a list to keep in my wallet. Since apparently men - especially white men - are incapable of not acting like bloodthirsty animals. Let me know who I'm allowed to kill with impunity.

• Members

No, it doesn't mean you can rape the woman, but it does mean you can think she's a prostitute. And no, it doensn't mean you can kill the skinhead, but you can watch him if you are suspicious of him. If the skindhead comes up and tries to beat the hell out of you, then YES, you can kill him.

• Members

It's a dangerous thing to judge suspicion by what someone is wearing. Zimmerman was the one with molestation and assault in his past, yet his clothes would have not indicated anything about that. Trayvon on the other hand had no criminal record, but his clothes are one of the sticking points for Zimmerman defenders.

• Members

Yes, but portraying a 17 year old thug who is on a 10 day suspension from school and assaulting someone as an "innocent child" is pretty biased as well. They both had issues, and dumb and dumber equal tragedy. I know MANY MANY MANY black parents who FORBID, do you hear, TOTALLY FORBID their children to wear that type of clothing because it says something about you. We need to stop dealing with idelastic crap, and deal with reality. If people want to stick their head in the sand, and never become accepted as equal in society because of their stubborness, then so be it. It's their loss.

• Members

That's BS, pure and simple. Being suspending from school doesn't mean he was a bad person and like I said, Zimmerman's injuries didn't match the beating he claimed, so I don't believe Trayvon assaulted him, other than trying to get away from him. Trayvon wasn't committing a crime when Zimmerman started following him.

If this situation was reversed and Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white, I would never be so racist and biased as to blame the victim. It's about fairness, not race and not clothing.

• Members

Not for nothing, I lived in a condo community for over 25 years, and the volunteer neighborhood watch and other condo board members were some of the nuttiest, nosiest, most self-entitled/aggrandizing, no-life losers I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. Whether it was peeping through blinds, getting guests' cars towed, calling the police on neighborhood kids who dared to look at their busy-body selves with contempt, standing in front of their townhome scanning the parking lot with a [!@#$%^&*] searchlight... there is a particular type of human out there who delights in the "power" of such menial positions. People who wake up in the morning just hoping to find trouble, or more accurately, make trouble for the rest of us.

• Members

Do you all recall a recent case in TX where a man shot and killed a neighbor? They were "feuding", more like the guy kept calling the cops because the neighbors had loud Saturday night parties. One night he called 911 and went to confront them, armed. What raised significant suspicion in the subsequent trial was the guy's repeated justifiable defense textbook speak to the 911 operator, e.g., "I mean, I'm in fear for my life here, I'm in fear for my life..." like he had every intention to shoot someone that night. He'd also had conversations with co-workers talking about how one is in the clear to shoot and kill if you make the other out to be the aggressor. I wish I could remember more details, this was profiled on one of those Dateline-type shows.

Archived