Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. If it had been the other way around Trayvon would have been heading to prison. From slavery to this day, African Americans, especially African American men who are viewed as dangerous and violent, can be killed with impunity. The exception being Barack Obama.

I will add that I NEVER believed for a second that Zimmerman was going to be found guilty, not even for a second. I knew the time he was in jail waiting for bail would be it.

• Members

Someone told me they should have charged Zimmerman with something other than manslaughter because manslaughter wouldn't stick. This person said they should have charged him with something less but would still put him in jail. Not sure what that could have been. I have not read up on this and kept up with this like I should have.

• Members

The reaction to this verdict makes me shake my head. There are some truly hard hearted people out there. I don't understand how anyone can celebrate. At the very least a young man is dead, whatever the circumstances (I have to admit, I didn't follow the exact facts of the case). Then to add all the ugliness that surrounds this case. It's just a sad, sad day.

Archived