Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, it's all political and political biases will help Zimmerman get off. Trayvon was black, so obviously he must have been in the wrong, that's what a lot of people want to think and what they are comfortable thinking. Anything else upsets their worldview.

If this same tragedy had a occurred with a white teenager and a black man, barely anyone would buy the bullsh--- sort story Zimmerman is selling, not for one minute and I'd feel the same way about the case if the situation was reverse. A child was murdered by some mentally ill, wannabe cop and that is all the jury should look at, but of course, biases are going to creep in.

• Members

And for some reason the defense is trying to use the fact that Trayvon had a small amount of THC in his system means he was high when the confrontation happened :rolleyes:

First that does not mean he was high or even smoked it that day and secondly I guess smoking marijuana while being black =thug :mellow:

• Members

This only went to trial because the noise got louder and louder. Remember, Zimmerman was not arrested until several months after he MURDERED Trayvon. He was asked by the 911 operator to remain in the vehicle but he stalked Trayvon instead.

Also, the law that is trying this case was part of the same system that created Zimmerman's defense "Stand Your Ground', which basically means it's open season on black men!

If by some small chance Zimmerman is convicted, it will only be to avoid what may happen if he is out on the street. No one cares if he dies, but they can't have riots resulting from this. Zimmerman goes to jail or Zimmerman gets killed upon his release? I'm good with either outcome!

• Members

Agreed that the trial only occurred because the outcry was too much for the system to ignore and I'm glad that he is at least facing trial for this, even if the bias is too much for a conviction. The fact that Zimmerman even got out of his car should be be key to the case, had he never set foot outside his car, Trayvon wouldn't have died that night. I suspect that Zimmerman will disappear like Casey Anthony did, he won't have a choice but too, because he's certainly in danger of being harmed.

• Members

Yeah at the very least the family got a trial and he was made to sit there and see the consequences of his crime.

I do hope what you're saying about his life being over is true. I just find it hard to stomach that that poor kid is dead and yet this obese disgusting racist ahole is still alive and breathing and has no remorse about anything from that night....

• Members

He could just move to the Ozarks, there are counties in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas with a zero black population. People would welcome him just fine around those parts. I didn't think the evidence is strong enough, and he should get off anyway.

• Members

I think it's a matter of the prosecution not having a strong enough case. If we were going on a prepoderance of the evidence to get a conviction, then I think Zimmerman would and should be found guilty. But you have to be beyond reasonable doubt... and in that case, he should get off. ... just Like O.J.

• Members

He'd screw that up too. The problem isn't black people, the problem is that George Zimmerman is crazy. Look at his history, he's a lifelong loser and he'll get into trouble no matter where he ends up. If he gets off, it'll just be a matter of watching what new way he finds to destroys his life. He'll basically be a combination of OJ, Casey Anthony and Joe the Plumber.

• Members

Would anybody care to make a prediction on what the verdict will be? This is a perilous task, because court cases, IMO, are harder to predict than political elections. My best guess is that Zimmerman will be acquitted of 2nd degree murder but be convicted of manslaughter.

• Members

I'm stunned at how many people buy Zimmerman's story. Ooops, Trayvon was black, he's automatically an insane criminal, that's why Zimmerman is so believed. People need to stop this race crap. Like a said, no black man would have been able to tell such a BS story and have it accepted.

That said, the physical evidence doesn't match the assault Zimmerman claimed, he had no fractures or concussions, no black eyes consistent with a broken nose and there was no blood on Trayvon's hands. If he was pummeling Zimmerman, then where was the blood on his hands, we've seen that bloody nose picture, so how would have none of that blood have not ended up on Trayvon's hands Here's what I think happened, as a hypothetical: Zimmerman swaggered up to Trayvon with the gun and grabbed his arm, Trayvon punched him in the nose to get away, a struggle ensued, they fell to the ground, Zimmerman fell backward and hit his head on the pavement and Trayvon ended up dead.

That scream on the 911 tape is a death scream, Trayvon knew he was beyond help and that he was going to die. I believe that Zimmerman was the aggressor, never was screaming for help and set the whole thing in motion by stepping out of his vehicle. How could he scream of Trayvon was hold his mouth, his nose and trying to grab his gun (not possible unless one has three hands)?

I don't want offend anyone by going off like this, but I am truly tired of black men constantly being assumed as the wrongdoer in situations like this. We can be victims at times, victims to a dangerous mindset that never sees us fairly.

Archived