Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How come poeple making death threats on a twitter feed aren't brought up on charges? If this case proves anything, it's that if you go to assault and guns as your first line in a disagreement, then this is what happens. Of course, if Trayvon wasn't dressed like a gang member, and the modern culture of glorifying violence and misogyny hadn't gave all young boys a pass and allow them to act this way, Zimmerman never would have followed him in the first place.

• Members

One good thing to come out of this travesty is that a lot of people got the blinders ripped off.

I keep think about all the people I know who don't vote because it doesn't matter anyway or they're afraid of jury duty (see what kind of people get put on juries?) or they just "aren't interested in politics. Some of those people are just chock full of outrage this morning and I just want to slap them.

• Members

It's only been twelve hours. Give it time. Plus, no police department has the kind of time, energy and money to chase after every !@#$%^&*] on Twitter. Ironically, if there are people out there who really want to kill George Zimmerman, you can bet they aren't stupid enough to tweet about it.

• Members

And Emmitt Till should have stayed out of the store and he never would have ended up dead either, huh? Good grief, bias is alive, it's not even funny. Yes, I said it, because I am pissed at this damn notion that clothing had something to do with why Zimmerman followed Trayvon, because it didn't. That's like blaming a rape victim for wearing tight clothes. I'm less worried about some stupid people on Twitter making threats, than I am a murderer being let off scot-free. Zimmerman was accused of child molestation, assaulted a cop, assaulted a woman and yet Trayvon Martin, free of any record whatsoever is supposedly the villain here. That's not how things work. It really makes me angry to see the constant racial blame game here. Maybe "willfully ignorant" is a better phrasing than bias, but I stand by my overall criticism.

I had the N-word shouted at me just walking down the street, that isn't as bad as being murdered, but I had no hoodie on and was dressed in a non-urban style. Maybe it was my fault for daring to walk down the street in a mostly white area? Give me a damn break. I apologize for going off like this, but this whole situation is so tragic and the blame the victim mentality bothers me.

• Members

A boy's murder in Mississippi in 1955 does not compare to this case, especially since Emmitt Till did not physically assault anyone. His death was totally non justified, clear as day. If Trayvon had not assaulted Zimmerman, I would say the same thing. But this stupid 17 year old kid decided to put the beat down on somebody that followed him for looking suspicious (when he DID look suspicious) he thought he'd prove his manhood by beating him up, well, he's now proving it from a casket. The boy is not some martyr, just a pathetic fool. And the boy was old enough to drive, who the hell walks two miles in the rain for a damn bag of candy? Trayvon should have called police form his cellphone, instead of cursing to his girlfriend, he should have run home to his father and told him some man was following him, but no, he did the STUPID thing. Maybe if this tragedy teaches young boys to think before they use their fists, then maybe some good can come out of it.

• Members

If Zimmerman hadn't chased Martin down, he wouldn't have felt the need to fight back. Trayvon Martin fought back against a threat in the middle of the night. Zimmerman went looking for trouble and when he got it and couldn't handle it, he fired off his gun. He started a fight and killed the other guy when he began to lose. This situation is 100% George Zimmerman's fault. Blaming Trayvon for fighting back is like claiming a rape victim wanted it because she stopped struggling when her rapist put a knife to her throat.

• Members

You obviously aren't aware of the evidence. First of all, when did 7:15 PM become the middle of the night? And secondly, following someone from a distance and then going back to your car is not "chasing someone down". It looks like Trayvon is the one who couldn't handle the trouble. Trayvon being the first one to throw a punch does not equal a person being justified for "fighting back".

• Members

Dressed like a gang member? So when I when I wear my hoodie to the gym it's ok to think I'm a gang member? It's assumptions like this that make me sad for this country and why so many innocent black men are harassed for no reason.

• Members

Zimmerman's injuries were not, I repeat, were not consistent with the beat down that he described. There were no injuries or blood on Trayvon's hands, so how could he have been pummeling Zimmerman? But, it all comes down to Trayvon being black and that old, dumbass, racist mentality.

Archived