Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You forgot to mention Bill Cosby's rant, the standard go to of certain white people (notice I didn't generalize) who feel the need to lecture black people with passive aggressive racism in the form of "you need to better for your people".

• Members

If people don't want to transcend their position in life, then there's nothing I, or anyone else can do about it. Bill did it, Oprah did it, Obama did it.... white folk have that element as well, it's called trailer trash. It's only people with chips on their shoulders that think when I'm speaking of a particular element in the black community, I'm speaking of ALL black people.

• Members

I think that's the crux of the argument. Confronting someone is in no way illegal unless you LAY YOUR HANDS on someone. You can debate whether this occured, and that is fine, but actual physical contact is where the line is crossed. And it's not stalking unless it's done more than once, there must be a pattern of repeated behaviour.

• Members

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I just don't hesitate to call out racist bullshit when I see. I'd never run around lecturing about trailer trash (your words not mine), because I don't think there needs to be a racial element included in calling on people to do better. People in general ought to do better, but the notion that improvement needs to be across the board is so foreign to some people.

• Members
They talked about that on 20/20 Friday. It disgusted me because he was looking for trouble and lying syaing he was in fear for his life and hs was about to be jumped. The men were just wondering why he was on the property he shouldve stayed his ass home and let the police handle it. He killed a young father.

Here is the story of John McNeil a black man in Georgia who shot a white man who was on McNeil's property snooping around while McNeil's son was home alone. He claimed stand your ground and despite testimony from witnesses claiming the white man was the aggressor he was convicted. Luckily he was released but he had to plead guilty to manslaughter and got released on time served. SMH.

http://newsone.com/2212460/john-mcneil-freed/

What a great country we live in. :rolleyes:

• Members

And that's I think a bigger issue than the racial implications, the NRA and ALEC have turned this country into the wild west where anybody can shoot anyone else then claim they were afraid. It's easier to be a gun toting coward than a responsible citizen.

Archived