Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Members

Very well put, Wales. We haven't always agreed on matters of race in the past, but I've always respected your opinions and been curious about your own background as a frame of reference.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am glad that Twitter shut down B37's book deal. She should not be profiting off of Trayvon's death. I watched the second part of her interview tonight with Anderson and she comes off badly to me. She seems insensitive, snotty, biased, and I find her attachment to George Zimmerman or simply "George" as she likes to call him bizarre. She really does act like she's a close friend of George and she knows exactly what was going on in his and Trayvon's mind that night. She said that there were things that George shouldn't have done and might have fabricated, and that Travyon played a big part in his death.

It seemed to me like she was putting a lot of the blame of Travyon's death on Travyon.I think that she might have made up her mind from the get go to let George go free. She did say that if he had took the stand to testify it wouldn't have made a difference. Has anyone else heard a juror in high profile case say something like that before? She also seemed arrogant like the rest of the people connected to George Zimmerman like his brother and his defense attorney. I think that she angered a lot of people with her interviews with Anderson Cooper.

Also according to CNN four of the jurors just issued a statement saying that B37's comments does NOT reflect their own opinions about the case. I bet they wish she would stop talking about the case. I don't think that they want to be caught in the crossfire either, and might be worried that her comments could jeopardize them. It is telling that half of them wanted to convict George on something, but I bet that she probably played a big hand in swaying them to change their votes and vote not guilty.

I think that she is the type of person that should be kept off of juries. It seems like her mind was made up from the get go, plus her husband is an attorney. I wouldn't be surprised if she talked to him about the case especially since she had planned to write a book with him. I also heard the rumor that her husband might have some sort of connection to Zimmerman's defense attorney. I'm not sure if that is true, but if so I hope that comes to light.

• Members

True.. I didn't either, hasn't anyone stopped to think media jumped on this because if they portray this case as "Big angry white man kills poor, virginal innocent black child", then they get everyone panties in a bunch, and keeps everyone glued to the gavel to gavel coverage and news reports, which means ratings.... which means MONEY. Consider that.

• Members

So you have an eye witness that says Trayvon was on top beating him, a story that lines up with Zimmerman's interview with police the next day, Zimmerman has a broken nose and that's cut and dry? Zimmerman is a raging racist, although he took a black girl to the prom in high school? Really?

• Members

Oh could you please provide a quote where I said he was a raging racist? Thanks in advance. smile.png

And oh taking a black girl to prom does not mean you don't have heightened suspicion when you see young black males in your neighborhood. LOL at you bringing that up as if it proves something. People can be married to/have children with a person of a different race and still be racist.

SMH

NAACP petition passes 1 million signatures....

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/naacps-petition-for-federal-civil-rights-charges-against-zimmerman-reaches-one-million-signatures/

• Members

I am side-eyeing the bolded because you have been trying to paint Trayvon as a wearing gang member attire when all he had on was a hoodie and that his death was his fault.... If Trayvon is a thug for his clothes he wears then GZ can be a thug for getting out of place with a police officer or getting so violent with his girlfriend that she felt the need to call the police.

George Zimmerman wasn't the fat,"soft", meek, meely mouthed individual the defense has been trying to portray. rolleyes.gif

• Members

Zimmerman definitely was not soft, he took MMA instruction and lost 80lbs doing it. This is a guy who has a temper problem and it's documented in the past.

As for the prom date stuff, that's irrelevant. My uncle was married to a white woman who would go into drunken rages and let all sorts of racial hatred come out of her mouth, the N-word included, so who you date or are involved with doesn't make a difference.

And perhaps Zimmerman's bias is with black men, not black women. There are plenty of people out there who gender separate when it comes to their racism.

• Members
No. Because if your not outraged by a grown man - let alone one with proven anger issues and basically a trained fighter - going against 911/police direction and stalking a teenager for no reason other than his race and then murdering him then I'm not sure what can outrage you.

GZ put these events into action. It was TM who needed to defend himself, not GZ.

I can't say if GZ is racist or not. But his profiling and stalking of TM was def racially motivated. If this was a white boy who was wearing a hoodie would this have happened? If TM was white would the jury have found GZ not guilty? I think the answe to both is no. And that is the sad, tragic truth.

• Members

People often do racist things, but don't realize it or consider themselves a racist. It happens to me almost everyday, but most cases you can't say anything because you get accused of pulling the race card. Unfortunately, it's just something a black person (especially black men) have to deal with on a daily basis.

Archived