Trayvon Martin Killing

Eric83

• Members

Obama has been called a thug more times than can be counted by keyboard commandos online, who insist that they are not racist. And he's been called a thug, despite wearing suits, being a constitutional lawyer, both a state and federal senator and now President, so that says to me that bias doesn't fall upon what close you wear, it's about color.

And if a fool wants to see a racist President, they should look up Reagan's welfare queen speech that he gave in Philadelphia, Mississippi of all places. I always found it suspect that he gave racial charged speech in a out of the way town like that, but if you've ever seen "Mississippi Burning", you'll know exactly why he did it. Him and Lee Atwater were racist trash.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing that gets me is that the Zimmermaniacs are going out of their way to demonize Trayvon as a "thug" because he smoked a joint or got suspended or some other teenage nonsense that half the country has done at one point or another. Then you look at Obama who comes from a single parent family, studied hard, got a law degree from Harvard, gave back to his community (but apparently community organizer is a bad thing now), is a devoted husband and father, became a senator and won the presidency by a clear margin TWICE and he's still a "thug" in their eyes too.

The only thug in this scenario is the delusional freak who walked the streets with a gun.

• Members

IKR! Don't even get me started on that pig Richard Nixon. And I guess that person wants to ignore all the Presidents that owned other human beings. It amazes me how some want to act offended because Obama dared to address race relations in this country. Someone on CNN said he should be speaking for all of America and not picking a side. LOL! How did he pick a side? I can't.

I saw a bunch of suburban housewives on 20/20 last night talking about how smoking weed has made them better mothers. I bet nobody was calling them a thug as they watched that. SMH.

• Members

I'm curious as to why you believe this is exactly what happened.

Following someone may not technically be illegal but it's a form of harassment. If I recall correctly, George Zimmerman said he asked Trayvon Martin where he was going which was really none of his business. Trayvon Martin was in a no-win situation with George Zimmerman.

Think about it for a moment and ask yourself what would have been a satisfactory response. You've just turned 17, you're walking alone at night and a strange man follows you and starts interrogating you. Wouldn't you feel threatened in any way or at the very least unsafe?

For some reason you seem to keep insisting that it is totally out of the realm of possibility that this kid felt any fear for his life or threatened in any way by a stranger following him in the rain at night then interrogating him. I would have been scared and I cannot tell you with 100% certaintly what I would have done because I can only guess. I'm just guessing the panic button would have gone off.

Short of George Zimmerman staying in his car and leaving that kid alone, anyone who says that Trayvon Martin would have been alive under any circumstances after encountering George Zimmerman is not being realistic. Once George Zimmerman left his car, whatever ounce of rational behavior left his mind.

And if you cannot imagine how Trayvon Martin might have felt, imagine that you're George Zimmerman and you're driving at home in the night in the rain and see someone you find suspicious. You call the police. Why would you then leave the safety of your car to follow the person if you weren't letting your emotions get the best of you? Anything could happen so why take that chance if not for the fact that you know that you can always shoot the person if something doesn't go your way?

• Members

Because of the testimony of the eye witness Jonathon Good.... and the fact that it matches up with Zimmerman's account from the police interview the day after the shooting. And would I have left my car? No. But If I were Trayvon, I'd sure as hell would have called 911. Like I said earlier, dumb and dumber equal tragedy. I still want to know who in hell walks 2 miles in the rain for a bag of skittles?

• Members

I don't think boycotts are stupid. Ineffective often, but not stupid. We're a capitalist country. We care more about money than anything. Besides, this isn't the same as a customer boycott of a retailer. It's more akin to a company saying they won't consider opening a branch in a certain state. I didn't care when it was just Stevie Wonder but Beyonce? Timberlake? The Stones? Those are real money generators. Ted Nugent and Meatloaf aren't going to make up for that.

• Members

Did they check his bumper for scratches? Jesting aside, it is very convenient that this happened a week after the trial finished. If he's so innocent, he would have asked the police to keep his name anonymous, something that I doubt he did.

• Members

Given that the networks are being forced to report it (like any of the big three would unless they had to), I would assume it's legit.

And I don't really have the time or the interest in that !@#$%^&*] Zimmerman to care about verifying. If it's true, good for him. It doesn't erase Trayvon, but I'm sure that family was glad he was around (if the story's legit).

Archived