DRW50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching The Giggle now. Thus far this is a pretty pointed, smart and in keeping with RTD unsubtle analogy on the pandemic/misinformation era. But sometimes unsubtle is necessary - we live in unsubtle times, and on issues like this he should be bold and loud on public broadcasting.

Kate and Mel's reintroduction to Fourteen was very sweet. Bonnie is playing it in an interesting way; Mel is a calmer soul. I never thought I'd hear about Sabalom Glitz again. I did not know Melanie apparently had no surviving family - it's mentioned as though we should know about it, but we don't AFAIK. We got very little onscreen backstory on her. I wonder if this will be revisited in this episode or more likely next year.

Nice to see RTD remembered Moffat's bit with Twelve being de facto President of Earth - he can give UNIT authorization.

Edited by Vee

• Members

So: The Giggle. I can already tell which parts @DRW50 will not be a fan of! I did like this episode's OTT musical interlude though. If you bring in the Toymaker it is kind of an invitation to camp. Plus the character work in this episode was very strong and mature.

Some thoughts (mostly spoilered):

Ncuti Gatwa is already an incredible force. And

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Vee

• Members

It was Ok! The first half was so strong. But that final match was… anticlimactic. But it was OK!

That tooth with The Master and the hand who grabbed it was so RTD and I loved it lol

Mel is one of the most hated companions in the fandom yet the actress still reprised the role. Love it. She wasn’t as great as Ace or Tegan last year.

The Bi-regeneration was…. Yeah… it was just.. idk. I think there will be coming more from it (I hope)… 

That they always act like Donna was THAT special companion to Tennant just coz they couldn’t get Billie Piper. lol No way does he love Donna more as a friend than Rose. He loved her maybe as much but not more. Hell nah. Even when Rose returned in series 4 she was THAT special friend. Haha

NPH was OK. The OG Toymaker was mystical and serious and we got…. NPH! He played a good villain but for a serious one like this.. nah.. NPH was just being NPH again. It was OK

I was dissapointed that during the dead companion skit  Rory wasn’t mentioned. I mean Rory died more than once coz of Doctor-ish situations and died the same as Amy. Did RTd did not watch DW during Moffat’s time and had no clue who he is? Lol

I loved the creepy dolls and the corridors with the doors scenes. That felt like series 4! Epic.

BUT what really made Me upset.. It’s the 60’s anniversary special series and they even tackle on one of the biggest enemies from the classics and don’t even bother to mention Steven and Dodo who were with the Doctor against him? 

I have to admit that Jodie’s final special/episode last year felt more like the 60th anniversary than those 3 combined. Sorry not sorry! (I even watched the classics with reconstructions/animations etc.)

But maybe the Christmas special will end the anniversary coz otherwise it was a letdown for a 60th. Felt more like a Tennant Anniversary