DRW50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I do wonder if RTD being back means Graeme Harper might return - I don't believe he's retired, seems he's been doing a ton of Hollyoaks and Inside No. 9. I never understood why he left, unless he wanted a change. I am pleased Russell brought back Rachel Talalay from Moffat's era for the specials.

• Members

A very frustrating article suggesting that two Hartnell episodes, one of them from a Dalek story (likely meaning part of the Daleks Master Plan opus) are in the hands of collectors who will not give them to the BBC due to fear of being prosecuted. 

Lost Doctor Who episodes found – but owner is reluctant to hand them to BBC | Doctor Who | The Guardian

• Members

Color photos from the new cutdown of The Daleks are apparently in DWM - I am trying to hunt them down. The new edition is already on pre-sale as an official Blu-Ray, IIRC it also has rescoring with new music. They also apparently went out and got 98 year old David Graham to do new Dalek voice work (he was one of the originals).

I believe RTD is on record as saying he firmly believes children won't watch B&W material and he wants to make '60s Who more accessible to future generations with colorization, which is an ethos I can understand for certain stories and material, provided the originals are preserved which they are. But I also consider it unthinkable for most past media, especially movies. It's complicated. But if '60s Who was largely dressed for color, as I think it often was, I can deal with it - in doses. As for cutting the length, God knows all Terry Nation stories or 6-8 parters (especially The Daleks) have a lot of filler.

Edited by Vee