Doctor Who

DRW50

• Members

What I mean is I think that Catherine Tate and Donna have a bigger profile and following among DW fandom in the last decade - time marches on and Rose was surpassed a bit in audience appreciation. It doesn't mean I don't like Rose, and it has nothing to do with toxic fandom or misogynists that hate Jodie Whittaker. An opinion isn't automatically toxic just because you disagree with it.

Anyway:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

BBCA ran a poll for a 50th anniversary fan special, and Donna was overwhelmingly voted as the favorite companion. Apparently, that result didn’t sit well with the brand managers in the UK, especially since Billie Piper was returning as a “companion” for the 50th.

• Members

Some interesting stuff here from RTD:

He's suggested that the bi-generation/Toymaker's magic or whatever may have caused all the past Doctors bi-generate across their timelines and go on from their 'deaths' in future adventures, possibly in other splinter timelines (like the Tales of the TARDIS shorts). I think he's just riffing, but who knows.

• Members

I was really hoping that Billie Piper would finally return as Rose so I was a tad disappointed. I thought RTD loved Rose? I love Rose even more than The Doctor. Could we at least finally get that Rose Tyler: Earth Defender spinoff please???

I stopped watching DW a few episodes into Matt Smith’s run but I did watch The Day of the Doctor. I watched these specials for RTD and Tennant. Not a Donna fan. I have mixed feelings on them so the Xmas special will really determine for me if I will watch the upcoming season or not. 

Edited by EdibleFlowers

• Members

This one's for @DRW50

This is an evil prank, but a funny one:

Please register in order to view this content

I suspect that Shirley, Kate, Mel and whatever the Vlinx is are being set up for a UNIT spinoff in future, but I'm fairly sure all appear next series (we know Kate and Mel do).