DRW50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Advance reviews (more than just this but I'm not posting them all) for the Christmas special are good:

RTD claims there are no plans for Tennant to return. I think he will inevitably appear at some point, but what I've heard is he's definitely not back in the next year in any way:

The second Series 14 episode referred to above re: the Beatles is titled "The Devil's Chord" and is rumored to be a musical episode.

There are rumors that Fifteen shares a dance and kiss with Jonathan Groff's character (who may be a Time Agent) in the period episode later in the series with Indira Varma, but I don't know any more about that.

• Members

It is interesting to me how much the end of The Giggle and the conclusion with Fifteen urging Fourteen to seek help and settle down, 'do rehab' (which makes Fifteen the more contented and stable character he is - he is the future product of that Earthbound rehab) connects with the Tales of the TARDIS shorts. Particularly RTD's - he wrote the specials but also the (very good) Five/Tegan Tales short in which they discuss the events of Earthshock. In that short, Tegan says many of the things Donna says to Fourteen in the specials; that he never stops running, never takes care of his mental and emotional health after the traumas they suffered. The aged Five then suggests that perhaps the memory TARDIS they find themselves in is a form of therapy, something Fifteen tells Fourteen to get.

From what we've been told since the last special, the aged Doctors in the Tales shorts are almost certainly their bi-generated selves from the alternate, split timelines created retroactively by the events of The Giggle - I believe either Colin's or McCoy's confirms this in their short, that they are from AUs where they never regenerate. What I'm curious about now is if we will see the memory TARDIS from Tales in future episodes of the main show. It's obviously a setup and an ethos that RTD has some investment in. As for Fourteen, I hope he is relegated to rare, perhaps feature-length specials in series hiatus periods, preferably 3-5 years apart. I've enjoyed the iteration but less is more.

Edited by Vee