• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was on a missing episodes forum, reading through yet another false claim about finding lost episodes, and a few people were mentioning this story. I'm so out of the loop with Doctor Who these days it was new to me. The son of the man who wrote An Unearthly Child is not allowing the story to be shown on BBC iPlayer, and is claiming he will possibly sell the rights to someone who is anti-BBC. Among reasons given are being upset at casting of Ncuti Gatwa. 

I know many newer fans are not interested in the old material anyway, which I can understand, much as I love it, but it's still sad to see formative material being taken away due to such rot.

https://gizmodo.com/doctor-who-an-unearthly-child-streaming-stef-coburn-1850933733

Edited by DRW50

• Members

@DRW50 This one's for you: Tales of the TARDIS. New shorts featuring classic companions and Doctors, written by RTD and co. (including one of the writers on those beloved Blu-Ray shorts with the classic cast). Yes, that is Jo with Clyde from SJA.

Please register in order to view this content

The episodes in question:

Edited by Vee

• Members

The notable absence of Tom makes me wonder if it's his health, his usual strangeness or if they have something else planned. (The absence of Carole Ann Ford also makes me think Susan is still going to appear in the anniversary episodes.) I never thought I'd see a Jamie/Zoe, Steven/Vicki or Peri/Six reunion in the 2020s.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The BBC iPlayer's main Who hub is now online (as shown above), and the Tales from the TARDIS are now being kindly uploaded to YT.

These kind uploads may be missing a small bit - I can't seem to find the line fans are talking about where Ace says she has a secret: 'the best is yet to come,' which many are taking as a hint to the Ace spinoff RTD has long wanted to do. But who knows.

I'm hearing lovely things about the Five/Tegan and Steven/Vicki short.

Edited by Vee