• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@DRW50 Grain of salt, but there have been rumors of a new UNIT spinoff for awhile featuring Ruth Madeley's upcoming character. Now this too:

The Mirror has picked this up and alleged it will star Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart.

Moffat, Gaiman and Gatiss are all rumored to be writing for the next series but there's nothing certain. And of course there is more talk alleging Carole Ann Ford is def in the third and final anniversary special.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thanks @Vee for keeping up with all this for those of us who aren't as much these days. Sounds like a good idea to have a UNIT-focused show, especially with the world these days. I wish they could resurrect a few of the dead Torchwood figures for this.

• Members

Oh, I'd forgotten all about this. What fun.

Meanwhile:

Also, Deadline claims to have confirmed the UNIT rumor with sources at the BBC. But RTD has shot down talk of a new children-themed spinoff for now, sadly. Per an interview with SFX Magazine:

I do think it will happen eventually, hopefully with Katy Manning as persistently rumored.

Edited by Vee