DRW50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With the 60th anniversary coming upon us I was completely shocked and sadden to come upon this haunting final message from the This Week in Doctor Who column back in 2011 @Vee @DRW50

https://twidw.doctorwhonews.net/archive.php?edition=2011-07-23 02:31:09

I’m actually surprised this site has all of Benjamin F. Elliot’s columns archived as it was one between a Yahoo group and the old Outpost Galifrey website. I use to converse with Ben regularly when KNME aired Tom Baker movie arcs regularly 1997-2000 as well as KBDI airing Perteee & Baker the during the wilderness years.

The tragedy of the late Benjamin F. Elliot’s as much as hard work he put it inton it column was he didn’t foresee the rise of streaming services or of reconstruction or lost episodes i.e. Shada airing on Pluto TV like no strike happened. 

I don’t know what became of Elliot and he and so many other long term Who bravados liken Andrew Pixley, DV Blunt and of course the JNT crew were pushed aside. 

• Members

I don't see any sexual vibes there, but it's nice to get the Looking reunion (the cast was always better than the show itself). I wish Russell Tovey could pop in too.

I can't work up any interest in RTD-related Doctor Who anymore, but I hope it goes well, even if I don't watch.

• Members

I am so excited for the specials and the new era.

I‘m not an Jodie-Hater but the writing was piss poor. And I tried to like her like every other doctor before but she just didn’t clicked with me. She ain’t even that good as an actress!

As much as I love Tennant.. I don’t want to see him ever again after the specials. So overused. 

Series 14 gets me excited because of Millie. I loved her own Coronation Street. I’m wondering if we really have to wait another year for series 14 because of the Tenannt specials .

RTD talked about spin-offs etc. again. He should concentrate on DW first and not work on so much at once. I loved Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood back them but we didn’t even got our first DW episode back Under RTD and he already overworking himself.

• Members

You don't. The first episode with Ncuti Gatwa solo (though he is likely in the anniversary specials with Tennant) is the Christmas or NYE 2023 special. They are also filming Series 14 now. It is likely to run early next year if not immediately after the holiday special.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Heavily rumored for maybe a year, but nice to have confirmed. @DRW50

Talk at the time suggested she was in the November specials, but I'd no idea. Now it seems she may be in for much more.

What's curious is the question of how long she has been filming. I had heard last year she did the 60th specials, now it seems she has been sighted recently filming for Season 14 as well. If Mel Bush is now a recurring character over the next year (two if we count her cameo in POTD) I'll be pleased and very amused.

Plus, there's this:

RTD seems intent on regularly producing Who again, unlike some who shall remain nameless.

More from RTD on Bonnie:

Edited by Vee