Marlene McPherson news

• Members

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/site/news/3049-tvsource-responds-to-legal-request-from-former-days-of-our-lives-head-writer-marlene-mcpherson

Atlantic City, September 28, 2012 – Earlier today, TVSource Magazine executive editor Omar Nobles received an email from former Days of our Lives head writer Marlene McPherson regarding comments made on his personal Twitter account (SourceRyan). The comment in question was in reference storylines currently airing on Days of our Lives.

What was said referred to current head writers Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell "still ending stuff from old writers." The term "old stuff", refers specifically to the storyline of Nicole's pregnancy, which began under Ms. McPherson's and Mr. Thomas' regime, and is currently continuing under the current regime. After said comment was made, Ms. McPherson contacted TVSource with the following email:

"SourceRyan. I am not sure where you are getting your information but it is 100% false. Darrell and my stories finished with the Daysaster. What is on air now is all Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell. I have contacted our attorney and you will be hearing from him shortly. We expect an IMMEDIATE retraction or we will take legal action."

We responded to Ms. McPherson's email with the following: "Hi Marlene. I was simply referring to Nicole's pregnancy storyline, which began under you and Darrell. I can clarify what I said and make it clear that these scripts are not yours."

She replied: "Your tweets say nothing about Nicole. They are completely false. Not sure where you got this 10/15 date." She then quoted the tweet and the message that was sent to her. "[From Source Ryan] @soapwikijohn 10/15 on is when the show really kicks into high gear. It's just treading right now. Still ending stuff from old writers. SourceRyan says TomSell is still ending stuff from you & Dar & that Days kicks into high gear on 10/15." [Note: "TomSell" is a portmanteau of Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell's last names]

We responded again to Ms. McPherson. "Those were two separate things I was referring to. No one implied the work airing is your scripts. But I made it crystal clear it's not."

And we did: "CLARIFICATION: Earlier I mentioned DAYS was "still ending stuff from old writers". OBVIOUSLY the scripts are TomSell's not MarDars. More SPECIFICALLY I was referring to the Nicole pregnancy storyline which began under MarDar. Those that are smart clearly know this" [Note: "MarDar" is a portmanteau of Marlene McPherson and Darrell Thomas' first names.]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she made herself look like a total fool here. This is such a small, obvious misunderstanding and you're going to threaten legal action over it? Really? She is sick and this is from someone who somewhat enjoyed some of the story ideas she had. I hope she never gets employed by another soap if this is how she's going to treat the fans and the soap press.

• Members

First, not trying to defend her over-the-top reaction to the tweets, but MarDar had many loops they had to jump through in an effort to get their original visions on the show - Corday and the network - and many times they didn't win.

Second, maybe she is bitter, but anyone losing a job might be.

Third, it seems there are a lot of complaints about recycling writers - for once this wasn't the case, it seems like some people are never going to be happy.

Archived