My issue with the OLTL people on GH

• Members

Well, with Debbi Morgan OUT at Y&R? The threat is back on the table. I'm just saying.

Angie could very well show up at GH's new CoS. She and Shawn would hook up (for obvious reasons). Then, depending on whether Darnell leaves Y&R as well, Jesse shows up, begging for another chance, and turns out to be formerly in cahoots with Real Duke in some spy stuff from years before. Or worse, he turns out to be a former henchman of Joe Jr. or Sonny's.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't have a right to an opinion since I'm not watching GH anymore, but I despised John McCain and Todd the stand up comedian did nothing for me. And before someone comes in and attacks me for that, I detest Sonny and Jason 100 times more.

I've been watching B&B and many people over the years have said AJ returning to GH would be a game changer. Sean Kanaan has been mega awesome on B&B and I'm just sorry Brad Bell didn't lock him into a contract, but hopefully he works on GH this go around. He's awesome and 10 times better than any of the current GH males.

• Members

But why do we have to have AMC characters on GH? Can't we just have GH characters? This is a show called General Hospital and there are more than enough former, very popular characters that I'm sure the viewers would love to see. The only problem I see is that they can't afford (money-wise and time-wise) to have them all on the show. So why should TPTB go out of their way to bring characters from another show here? They shouldn't. Let the AMC and OLTL characters stay gone. I loved both AMC and OLTL once upon a time but GH is most likely on it's last legs and I want to see it's last year (or two) devoted to GH characters.

• Members

I just have no interest in these crossover characters they haven't added anything to the show for me; IMO these are Carlintini favs and he's writing for them. I can't get past the simple point "why are you here?" Go back to Llanview they straddled me with their backstory so it would seem they should want to go home.

Starr and Michael look bland and have zero chemistry; I don't see the glory of Todd Manning and John McBain I've always thought was just highly pimped. They came on like gangbusters which I thought was a huge mistake. And from what I can tell they haven't added ratings to the show yes, its a ping-pong up one week down the next but its not an overwhelming monumental success...and they attention the get to brand the show nauseates me...I didn't watch OLTL for a reason...I didn't like it.

• Members

What I meant to say was David makes more sense to me than John or Todd. THEN they could have have David/Anna/Duke instead of Luke/Anna/Duke. This is just my opinion. I am sorry and for the record If I had it my way I wouldn't have had cross-overs period!! What I am trying to say is that I would have preferred it if the cross-overs characters where characters that actually made sense.

• Members

I was a huge OLTL fan but these characters were not needed on GH and it doesn't help me miss OLTL any less. Loved seeing Blair a couple of times. I did like Todd & Heather. I'm enjoying Tea now more than when she was on a couple of months ago. Starr & John are boring.

• Members

Yeah. Every soap is different. For the most part AMC kept itself real except for the whole Josh Madden thing. When I mean real it did not have any Sci-fi/fantasy. So having characters from a relatively conventional soap to a soap that had a mad man create a weather machine is a big jump. Also, since every soap is very different merging two different philosophies is a hard job and would need a talented writer to merge them.

Archived