My issue with the OLTL people on GH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I was a huge OLTL fan but these characters were not needed on GH and it doesn't help me miss OLTL any less.

This is another reason why I was lukewarm, at best, on OLTL characters crossing over permanently to another soap. Does it really ease viewers' pain to see their favorites (if they are their favorites) live on in Port Charles? Or is it just one, long, sad reminder that their show is no more? I enjoyed seeing ANOTHER WORLD's Cass, Donna, Jake, Vicky and others pop up on AS THE WORLD TURNS. After awhile, though, it was like, "Please, just stop, or I'll never be able to let it go!"

• Members
So having characters from a relatively conventional soap to a soap that had a mad man create a weather machine is a big jump.

And vice-versa. I realize many ALL MY CHILDREN fans loved Finola Hughes' Anna being on the show. Frankly, though, I felt like she, along with twin-sis Alex, was just a bad fit. If AMC wanted FH that badly, then why not just create a new character for her? After all, isn't that what they did to bring Jane Elliot onboard (rather than merely transplant Tracy Quartermaine to Pine Valley)?

• Members

RC needs to accept the fact that OLTL has ended. He's ruined John/Natalie. Todd is better, but I can't believe the Victor crap STILL hasn't been resolved. I don't hate Starr but I don't care about her. Her story should have just ended on January 13 with Cole and Hope. I like Tea's scenes with Heather, but other than that, she doesn't really fit in. I would LOVE to see her and Carly literally have a match to see who can screech louder and take down more scenery!

• Members

I liked FH's Alex, and thought she had good chemistry with Michael Nader's Dimitri, but the whole escapade with Alex/Anna felt very out of place on AMC.

Anna/David were a better pairing, but that Anna had very little in common with GH's Anna.

I loved the reunion of Anna and Robin, likening to Robin running into her mother's arms in the Asian Quarter, but I watched all three soaps on and off over the years - if I didn't have that reference, I could see how a fan of just AMC wouldn't have appreciated the reunion, and how GH fans, who didn't watch AMC, would have felt ripped off.

• Members

I liked FH's Alex, and thought she had good chemistry with Michael Nader's Dimitri, but the whole escapade with Alex/Anna felt very out of place on AMC.

Anna/David were a better pairing, but that Anna had very little in common with GH's Anna.

I loved the reunion of Anna and Robin, likening to Robin running into her mother's arms in the Asian Quarter, but I watched all three soaps on and off over the years - if I didn't have that reference, I could see how a fan of just AMC wouldn't have appreciated the reunion, and how GH fans, who didn't watch AMC, would have felt ripped off.

Finola hated playing Alex

• Members

The Victor crap hasn't been resolved because TSJ has moved on. Ron would be smart to do the same.

There were obvious plans there it why else reveal him to be alive? The plot would have effectively been resolved had he been left dead. I don't think TSJ is opposed to reprising the role to do that and Ai wish if had been done already so I can move on from OLTL. It's the 1 thing that's bothering me to this day about the show ending the way it did

• Members

I love the OLTL characters in GH.....and it is great to know that Llanview is alive. And I also think that thanks to Frank and Ron, GH is the best show in daytime tv nowdays.....they are the best.....

Me too. I like them a lot better than the SORASed Kristina and the blatant Ford ripoff Trey.

Also. Starr is the only one that does not make a good fit. Tea's so-so. But, IMO. Todd and John fit better in PC than they did in Llanview.

I think they should ditch Starr and bring on Michael McBain *Chris Stack's version, I have no use for the wife-beater who previously played Michael*(have him say that Marcie died or they got divorced or something) Because, he's related to John, and he's a freaking doctor. This is General Hospital after all.

Also. He would be way better than one of the new female doctors. They are god-awful.

• Members

Finola hated playing Alex

My understanding was that she had difficulty with both MN and JC, I don't think it was on her part either.

MN was obviously going through some issues at the time, and JC was notorious for his flirtatious behavior as well as directing the other actors - apparently a fact that bother JB and ELR as well.

Archived