My issue with the OLTL people on GH

• Members

Yes actually the OLTL now GH characters do add something to the show, I find them more interesting than 90% of GH's cast(like Kate, Trey, nuKristina, etc...)

THANK YOU!!! That's why I can't take the whining and complaining seriously, not when one complains about OLTL characters on the show but then want Dr. David an actual airhog on the show.

Plus they're ignoring Anna's AMC history so David is pointless

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I don't understand supporting OLTL characters taking over GH because this doesn't sound like any sort of melding of two shows at all. GH should not be turned into OLTL. Revive that show instead and fix GH so that it's in line with what it should be not Port Charles being made over into Llanview Lite.

• Members

Actually, he would've made more sense that McBain. Brody had plenty of potential and since he wasn't really a long-term OLTL character there isn't quite the stench of death upon him.

My understanding is that they don't do focus groups anymore. They don't have the budget.and any research they do is focused on the other daytime shows. So yeah, this is pretty much Cartini (Valentarti?) playing "king of the hill."

• Members

Believe me, I'd want nothing more than to have the unfairly cancelled OLTL rise again, but I know that is as likely as Santa Claus flying to my house on a unicorn. Since I can't turn back the hands of time to late 2010-early 2011, the next best thing is seeing three of my OLTL characters on the empty vessel that is GH.

As per GH, since Guza/JFP/Frons ruined that show beyond repair, I think it's too late to fix it (yes, even with the superior Cartini at the helm). The only way that I'd give GH another chance on its own merit is if I can turn back the clock to 1995 when Wendy Riche was the EP and Claire Labine was the HW. Since that's as likely as me seeing Santa and his unicorn, the best that I expect is a decent end to a once-wonderful soap - something that I damn sure wouldnt have gotten with the previous regime.

Nope, I had it right the first time.

Even McBain - as passive-aggressive and dull as his character is - is an improvement over the three (actually, soon-to-be-two, thankfully) airhogs that sunk the show to the depths of no return.

• Members

Todd is the only one that fits on GH. Starr is so ugly and boring, I hated McBain on OLTL, and Tea lost her baby just so Sam and St. Jasus could have some angst. I wish they had left well enough alone or brought over some younger, viable characters to GH. Like Cutter, Brody, Vimal, Rama... but it wasn't about that it was about bringing over their faves *shrugs*

• Members

True, from a promotional standpoint, it benefits GH more. However, a character such as Brody provides more of a "clean slate" since he wasn't on OLTL long enough to have a convoluted backstory that you have to make the uninitiated aware of.

• Members

I think if there was a choice between choosing OLTL and AMC characters, that David Hayward and the Hubbards made more sense, giving that Frankie, David and Angie are all doctors and Jesse is a policeman. To me, John and Starr of OLTL are just as over-used as Carly, Sonny, Jason, etc. Todd was quickly on the way to joining them on that list.

• Members

But the from a promotional standpoint is all these soaps have done the past few years. Did Maria Bell rally hire all those former AMCers and Genie Francis to improve the canvas or hire former sitcom stars for short term stints other than for the buzz factor.Days brought back a ton of vets and the show was blah. Why did GH bring back Vanessa Marcil or Jonathan Jackson? Was it really to improve the canvas and show? I don't even mind Todd but the last thing GH needed was more middle aged alpha males. Now if Sean Kanaan is coming back to play AJ, they can dump John and/or Todd and Sonny anytime.

Archived