January 23-27, 2006

Toups

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days was hovering around 2.5/2.6 throughout the second half of 05. This "huge upswing" happened over a 5 week period from mid-December to mid-January. 3 of these weeks included the accident and its immediate aftermath. This is perfectly consistent with JER's usual pattern. If anything, the only difference is that the initial boost from "shocking event X" has been lower than previous occasions.

• Members

It is very alarming to see the ratings for DAYS and PASSIONS drop. With the shows both up for renewal any rating drops can be viewed as serious. Thankfully, I have the Bold and Beautiful which is doing well. I don't know what to think anymore and I've given up trying to figure out the ratings. Only time will tell what will ultimately happen in the next several weeks.

• Members

Well acted, yes. I don't think it was well written. I think if it were well written they would have been able to keep some of those gains.

IMO, they were banking on keeping some of the ratings gains from Zack's accident. They would then build on this with the paternity revelation hoping to goose the ratings going into March.

• Members

Well aren't you optimistic. The show was horrible last year but has not been driven into the ground. Yes the show was at record lows but even with a 2.6 that is an improvement over what it was getting last year. They at least held on to some of what they have gained even though the drop was more then I anticipated. I think everyone knew Days was gonna drop but not this much in one weel. Its ok though-it will go back up for this week and probably next with Hope learning the truth and Zach's funeral. Last week was good but dull compared to what Days has been doing of late. It was more of a week to get the other stories going too since they were back burnered while Zach took center stage.

I 100% agree with you on this.

Well its not over yet. Hope learned the truth and we still have Zach's funeral and the aftermath

Archived