January 23-27, 2006

Toups

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen to that, Toups!

Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso have more than proved they are capable of giving Days high ratings. But for the life of me I can't understand why if the writers can actually give these actors decent writing for a few days, why can't they do it all the time!

I'm not surprised that Days dropped because I didn't watch last week at all and only have watched one day this week.

I really think Corday should kick Reilly to the curb and bring back Sheri Anderson to save this show. Now that Sheraton Kalouria is gone from his position, I should think that Corday could ask for another HW.

• Members

Yeah really. I knew when this happened we would have peopel acting like this :angry: .

I agree about everything but changing writers. I am not big on JER but no matter who comes in they are going to experience the same problems. Besides, Sheri might not have her same magic much like JER's second run hasn't been nowhere near his first run. I would suggest B&C but I like Days right now and don't see reason for change right now. If things go south again then yeah but otherwise not right now.

• Members

IA, with Days, only the Zach stuff was entertaning for me. The business adventures of Carrie/Austin and company really didnt interest me, Jenn/Frankie were a bore and teh Marlena story is downright terrible. Thank goodness for the crash stuff, but I havent been watching much lately. Im going to tune in a bit to see Alfonso and Reckell deal with Chelsea but the show hasnt really lured me aside from that

• Members

I figured DAYS would go down after seeing last weeks numbers around a 2.7 if MLK wasnt counted, but to lose 420,000 viewers, that surprised me.

Its funny when DAYS gains, the naysayers are nowhere to be seen, but when DAYS drops watch your back because then all the naysayers come out in droves and start the usual bullshit JER cant write to save his life, blah blah blah....I find it funny actually

I hope next week is better news....

• Members

Even though Days went down, the show is still better than it was this time last year and is better than some of the soaps right now. It just the movement of some of the storyline the "irks" me, like the Austin/Lucas/Carrie/Sami quadrangle. I hate it, I want them to be written like the ADULTS that they are.

• Members

So what if Sheri Anderson will experience the same problems? It's a question of ACCOUNTABILITY. Higley was fired for getting in 4 months the kinds of ratings JER has drawn over a 2 and a half year period! Give someone else a chance, for heavens sake!!!

The difference between Anderson's tenure and Reilly's first tenure is that her achievements were not made at the expense of alienating long-term viewers.

PS: Why exactly were Cwickly and Brash fired in the first place? Bad decision by Corday IMO.

• Members

I'm pleased BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL is doing so well in the ratings. I hope they reach 3.5 or even better during February, because there are some huge SLs coming up! And, if Bradley Bell finally gives us Bricky, B&B would do even better! :D

As for DAYS: I don't want to see it cancelled either! Fire Reilly, bring back Sheri Anderson, concentrate on keeping the supercouples(Bope, J&J, Jarlena, Lumi, Shelle) together, get rid of the Reeds and the Lockharts........and then you'll have a show worth watching again! And.........NEVER REHIRE JAMES E REILLY EVER AGAIN! HE CAN [!@#$%^&*] OFF BACK TO PASSIONS! :angry:

Archived