Melissa Reeves Hates Gays

ivanmmd

• Members

What is this insanity? blink.png People have EVERY right to criticize ignorance when a person opens their mouth and says ignorant things. For some reason people confuse tolerance with acceptance of any and all things, when that is not what it is. Tolerance is freedom from bigotry, it does not mean being apathetic and permissive regardless of ideas, beliefs or thoughts. It simply means having an open mind and hearing their argument. If that argument is bullshit then the argument is bullshit, an unhealthy opinion/view should never be accepted as is without someone challenging it. I'm sorry but your point is bullshit, she does not get to say the things she says and then escape criticism for it underneath the veil of "her expressing her opinion", no as a woman who believes what she believes she should stand by her words and that means also listening for the criticism that people have against her.

Yes, I'm so sorry, everyone should just shut up about the fact that Chick-Fil-A gives billions of dollars to interests groups that aim to hurt and kill human beings simply because of their sexual orientation. We are soo self-righteous. How dare us. We should totally come off this cross and let them burn all gays, lesbians, bisexuals and queer people with the wood. rolleyes.gif

Do you realize what you just said? Amazon and Ben&Jerry's aim to franchise people and give to them in terms of charity and contributions that help people. Chick-Fil-A gives money to organizations that aim to disenfranchise gay people and hurt/kill them. I mean are you for real right now? Is this real life? Do you honestly not understand the difference between the two situations?

Gays are also being targeted by Chick-fil-a weither you want to realize that or not. They give money to organizations that aim to hurt gay people. Are you just glossing over that in your aim to protect the very people tying the noose around those individuals necks? Unreal.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I suspect neither of the Reeveses are overtly or entirely consciously homophobic or bigoted. They've both worked in daytime and showbiz for decades and they know how much of a force gays and lesbians are in that industry, making them beautiful and keeping them together in front of and behind the camera.

Unfortunately, I think that like a lot of upwardly mobile conservatives, they partition their friendships and amicability with 'those gays' from how they view the larger community or sociopolitical issue. They think they can be friends from John or Jo or Tom or Tammy or whoever at DAYS or GH and be good pals with those people, but still be for the Family Research Council and Chick Fil A or whatever else because now those 'special interest groups' are just 'going too far.' And that's too bad. I suspect that if I were ever to meet Missy Reeves she would have no problem with me personally. But she'll still support a bigoted company that doesn't believe I should be allowed basic inalienable citizen's rights. And she sees no disconnect between that - it's a micro and macro issue to people like that. And I'm disappointed by that, and I can't excuse it.

• Members

And that's a huge problem. It's apathy at it's worst. Someone who smiles at you but really has no concern at all with what happens to you or how you feel. That is basically no respect for the person. It's disgusting to me. I'll be honest, I hate people like that. They are what is wrong with the world because they don't act to stop it.

• Members

Nelson Branco was going too far. Spewing hate to combat hate is not the answer. And the dumbasses who were tweeting to him without knowing where it started were just as bad. She said something to offend you okay you can tweet her your opinion once get your point across but there was no reason to be on the constant attack and with crap from years ago. And I find it vile her kids were getting attacked. Leave people's children out of it.

• Members

I've never ate at CF-A once. After hearing about these statements from their CEO, I won't be in the future. Bigotry in all it's forms is wrong. I just think, and have always thought, how truly stupid it is to be bigoted against anyone because of who they have a relationship with. If two guys were walking on the same side of the street but in different direction, how do i know that they may be gay or not? I don't. Many of these people who are on this kick about gay marriage should keep their noses out of someone else' home and bedroom, because they wouldn't like it if someone blasted what they do in the private lives all over the net. Live and let live. Leave folks alone. Damn.

But as for as she goes.....I have always thought she had an expression that looks like she was just surprised suddenly, because her mouth is always wide open and she looks surprised. I have NEVER gotten the opinion that she could act. Matt carried that couple. Her acting couldn't draw flies to crap, but if this is what she believe...at least now i know.

• Members

Thank you. I may not agree with her but I support her right to voice her opinion. And she never said she hated gays did she. I think Branco is the worst offender and example of folks on the opposite end of the spectrum and is as offensive as those on the opposite end. I hope folks don't side with him simply because he agrees with them because he also incites that which leads to hatred.

The president of CFA has a right to his opinion. Isn't that what this country is about. What bothers me is people who are hating on CFA for the most part aren't protesting because CFA donates to organizations that spew hatred and bigotry but because one person expressed an opinion that doesn't agree with their own.

• Members

I agree. It's called empathy, which figures in highly in someone's emotional IQ. Unfortunately, there are too many people like Melissa who only see the world through their own set of experiences. They can't, or won't, reach outside themselves to think what it's like to walk in another person's shoes. A person who doesn't look or sound or act or believe what they do. Their world view: if only everyone was like me the world would be a beautiful place. It's a very naive, immature, narrow, self-centered view.

• Members

What you're missing about CFA's president is: while he's entitled to his opinion about same sex marriage, what infuriates so many is his financial support of hate groups who say vile and untrue things about gays and lesbians. The man has given millions of dollars to these groups, which means if you eat at his restaurants, your money is going to support those hate groups as well.

• Members

I'm not missing that in fact I said that in my post above. But the protests are not centered around that as strongly as they claim. If they were, CFA and their president have been supporting this organizations for years. Why are the protests just surfacing now? It's because he stated an opinion. Now why he did or why anyone cares what he thinks I have no clue. But I fully endorse folks protesting for the reasons stated, that just doesn't seem to be what incited folks.

Archived