Melissa Reeves Hates Gays

ivanmmd

• Members

I wonder if she was really ignorant/naive enough to think this wouldn't cause a huge stir or what. It's such a hot-button issue right now (chick-fil-A? God that's sounds stupid even saying so but it is. Is that even how you spell it? I've never seen one or been in one) and to so boldly say that so carelessly... I could understand it if she was a has-been 90's child star like Candace Cameron (whom Reeves replied to in regards to losing some followers that day), but a current soap star, even though soaps are in their dying days, will scrounge up some press.

Do you think she WANTS to be fired or doesn't care either way? As others have stated, her game is off ever since she returned. She's pissed off her Jack & Jenn fan base and now has been backburnered for months. She loves her Tennessee living (i always saw her tweets about it until she blocked me... I never said anything outright, but I did RT some remarks, one of them which included "Jason Brooks" which I guess raised a red flag!) so maybe she wants to go back to that.

It's funny she put her account on private. She must've gotten a [!@#$%^&*] ton of responses.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Christian right always complains about how persecuted they are by the media...how "misunderstood" they are. But it's their hypocrisy that always gets them called out. Missy is no different. People in glass houses, and all that. Unfortunately, they never learn. She can cheat on her husband and find "salvation," then in the same breath judge another person or group of people with one of those fixed holier-than-thou Christian smiles they're all so famous (infamous) for. I really wish she and Scott would just go back to Tennessee, embrace their homophobia fully and disappear from the public airwaves. She truly is a coward, making her Twitter account private.

• Members

People like Missy are just dumb enough to think everyone shares her naive/biblical-insipid views. They live in a faux bubble. I can only wish DAYS would fire her. She brings nothing to the show, and her performances are like watching paint dry.

Trust me, Missy and Scott will make her into the "victim" here, even as her vile bile victimizes so many others. A pox on them.

• Members

That tweet was right-wing bait, she knew what she was doing and wanted the attention. I think it got out of control, but nonetheless, it got noticed. The producers will not fire her, because she could file a suit claiming religious discrimination and that's not something they want to get tied up in, it costs a lot of money even if the charge is bogus. I don't get why people are so obsessed with barring the personal rights of others.

• Members

It is beyond ridiculous to demand that Missy Reeves be fired from DOOL because she opposes gay marriage. (Please don't say that she actively supports killing gays in Uganda, as I highly doubt she is aware of Chick-fil-A's support of organizations that want to do that.) I have never been a fan of hers, and concede that she is not that good of an actress. But, we are talking about DOOL, a show known for its horrendous acting. (Because of this, she is actually one of the better performers on the soap.) It shows a lot of intolerance to demand somebody be fired for holding an opposite political viewpoint. And, for those now saying she should be fired because she is a "B-List" actress who sucks at her profession, the only thing I can recall is how beloved and acclaimed she was (among DOOL fans) prior to making her tweet.

The sad thing is she probably will be fired and--in addition--be harassed by former fans everywhere she goes based on this one tweet. People should be judged based on the totality of their actions, rather than having their lives ruined over one or two incidents.

• Members

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet tw-align-center"><p>To discourage lesbianism, Chick-Fil-A no longer allows female customers to order breasts or thighs.</p>— Joan Rivers (@Joan_Rivers) <a href="

data-datetime="2012-08-04T13:23:51+00:00">August 4, 2012</a></blockquote>

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived